RA Anniversary-When did you join (Read 294 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Late 2012, when RW's spam invasion got out of control and beyond repair.  I was part of that mass exodus to RA, which at the time seem to piss off a lot of the old regulars here.

Now, as an old regular, you have earned the right to get pissed off at any new invasions. Wink

paul2432

I joined a couple years ago when RWOL shutdown their forums.  I’m here more for the forums than the log, although I do use the log.  I also use Garmin connect and Strava.

i was just shy (by a couple days) of 15 years on RWOL when they shut down the forums.

Wing

Joggaholic

I joined in late 2010. I can't believe it's been that long ago. Over the years I had tried various other logs and apps and I still like RA the best for its simplicity

dennrunner

12/11/2008

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I’ve been using the training log since 2010 which is pretty cool. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

rlopez

Coolrunning invasion of 2007. 

I was also a Kevin Bacon "remain calm! All is well!" figure during 2 of the RWOL invasions.

Then I left. Then I returned with a slightly different account to great hilarity because I was accused of being a fake.

I'm no fake. No siree.

I was stalking Stevie Ray at the time, so figure shortly after him (late 2007, early 2008)

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

kcam

Coolrunning invasion of 2007. 

Same here.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

April 2008. I joined RA when I started C25K.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

SubDood

October 1, 2011. I found RA searching for a map feature to measure how far I had run after I got home. (I still use this feature occasionally to “plan” a run in an unfamiliar location.)

Before the invasion reached shore, I believe 2006.  Lurked for a while.  Asked if anyone knew of a good New Year's Day race near me, and the Great and Powerful Eric replied "my club puts one on, the Run Your Hangover Off 5 Miler". 

After the race, I went up to Eric : ) to thank him for the recommendation.  As soon as Eric got home, he pulled his picture off his profile and has never had one since.  True story.

E.J.
                        Greater Lowell Road Runners
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Hi EJ !!

Devin is at UMass Lowell now and I hope she runs into you while running one of these days.

To answer the question of the OP, a few months after EJ on his recommendation.

-Best

Good to see you're still above ground Jay!  Whenever I am out on a run with soupy humidity, I think of your Sunshine State runs and remind myself it could always be worse.  Keep it rollin', hope our paths cross one of these days.

E.J.
                            Greater Lowell Road Runners
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I don’t know when I joined.  Early 2011, I think.

The reason I joined was I put the same question on 3 different forums, and I truly appreciated the awesome responses from this community. They were able to help me achieve what I wanted to achieve and still grateful for their words of wisdom and posts of encouragement.  (Forum got me here)

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

The_Real_JZ

the REAL JZ

Looks like I logged my first entry of May 2009.  Can't believe it's been almost 10 years!

2019:  Run my first marathon.

"Who you are will show in what you do"