First 200 Mile Month! (Read 720 times)

Just Be

I started running again 5 months ago after 4 years off and this month (Jan) marks the completion of my first 200 mile month since then! It was so much work and a tough balancing act of overuse and overtraining, but I was able to avoid injury for the most part this month! I feel on top of the world right now! Smile
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow!!! Shocked I've been running for almost 2 years and I think my highest mileage month was *only* around 135 miles...wow....

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Just Be

I'm a bit wacked out in the head that way. Big grin I'll hopefully be around 350 to 400 by December and hold that monthly distance. From past experience when I ran that much I know that 400 to 500 miles per month is the point of diminishing returns in terms of my aerobic base.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd love to get somewhere between 150-200/month. As pokey as I am I'd have to spend most of my days running to get in much more than that. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Just Be

Keep working at it, you'll learn you a way to get there! Smile The thing that always surprised me was that when I increase distance it seems like I'm running a ton more at first, but then after a few weeks at that distance it becomes very natural and I feel like I'm cheating myself if I back down. Maybe the same thing will happen to you when you up your mileage? Just don't do what I did unless you are as crazy as I am! haha. I went from 132 miles last month to 200 miles this month! Surprised I guess that I've hurt myself enough in the past to know when I really need to stop so I've kinda learned how to recognize that point.

Marquess of Utopia

Wow!!! Nice job! I'm planning on aiming for my first* 200 mile month in March. *(first since my return to running in October of 2006)

Think Whirled Peas

Nice job partner! That's quite an impressive long term goal too! When you start needing new shoes 3 times more frequently than oil changes in your car, you know you're officially in the "insane runner" group!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Slow-smooth-fast

Well done, I have just gone over 250 miles for this month, not bad really, but wont continue into feb as i am no longer doing base building

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

obiebyke

Congrats on the huge numbers! Addictions can be healthy, dammit.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Another Passion

Congratulations runner92! That's a HUGE accomplishment! Keep at it... injury free! Wink Nice job! Big grin

Rick
                      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Congratulations and I'll brag too. Today, I surpassed 200 for the first time ever. In @ 18 degrees F. too. Feels awesome. Goal set, goal met; goal reset.

I run for Fried Chicken!

That's awesome! I broke 100 for the first time this month. I don't know if I'll ever break 200 miles a month but then again, I never quite expected to break 100 miles a month either. And it really does get easier the more you run, my legs get restless if I don't run for more than a day. Who knew running could get so addictive.
                          Pammie

Wow that is brilliant. I did 172 miles. I'm hoping to get up to 200 in a few months slowly trying to build up to 50mpw.

Just Be

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone! Smile I always feel uneasy posting stuff like this about what I've done but this board was designed for it, so I figured I'd give it another go! Best luck to you all in meeting whatever goals you've set for yourselves! Smile

Just Be

Congratulations and I'll brag too. Today, I surpassed 200 for the first time ever. In @ 18 degrees F. too. Feels awesome. Goal set, goal met; goal reset.
                                Congrats! Smile My run today was in 30 degree weather, but it was WINDY! In my neighborhood there are 2 killer hills and every time I ran up one of them it seemed like there was a 20 or 30 mph wind trying to blow me back down! Big grin It feels so good to achieve a goal, even if it's short term, especially when you've worked really hard for it.. keep up the great work!