dance anyone? (Read 1047 times)

Are you taking the classes through your school? Mine doesn't offer any, and I was taking a teen/adult class locally. It was fun, the 16 year-olds were little tiny sticks but without much experience, while the adults were former dancers who had put on a few pounds but still danced beautifully. Shaunna
    I'm taking class at the University of Minnesota Dance Department, since that's where I'm a grad student - I can audit for free (well, not counting the $55 "accompianist fee" that appeared on my student account). By auditing, I can not go to class if I have too much work to do, and I don't get penalized in terms of a grade for the class. It's convenient!

dork.major dork.

One of the most formidable teammates I ever had (crew) was a ballet dancer -- she would do all these amazing stretches and had a certain awareness of her body and limberness which definitely helped her to be a better athlete. So, I say, go for it.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

seeEricaRun

Awesome

I just participated in a Bhangra demonstration for my school. I was awful at it, but I loved it. There's bhangra lessons right near school every Tuesday night, so I thought I might try to go.

dork.major dork.

Hijacking Thread: Erica. I'm in Somerville, if you ever want to run together, we could meet at some common point and then do loops. You can take a look at my log for pace/distance stuff... always trying to drum up more running partners.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Hijacking Thread: Erica. I'm in Somerville, if you ever want to run together, we could meet at some common point and then do loops. You can take a look at my log for pace/distance stuff... always trying to drum up more running partners.
            Hijacking seems to be pretty popular around here. I hear private messaging is coming soon, so maybe we'll all learn to behave. I'm always looking for running partners too, though my schedule tends to be crazy inconsistent, so I usually end up running by myself anyway. But yeah, we look pretty comparable in pace (you're a little faster, I think), so I'm up for it, maybe sometime next week or the following? I'm still in marathon recovery at the moment, trying to learn to walk again and all that. In other news, I'm actually moving to Somerville (finally!) sometime in March and maybe as soon as March 1 - whenever the repairs to my BBQ'd house are done.