Running with new shoes (Read 68 times)

Apple1

I am new to running. I have been running with a pair of New Balance fresh foam 980's. I bought these a couple years ago and never used them. I like them and I am running without pain the past 5 weeks. After reading some articles about the benefits to having more than one pair and alternating I decided to buy a second pair of shoes. I went to a store and tried on some other new balance and none of them felt good so I tried on some Brooks. I really liked the way the ghost 10 felt on my feet and I did a little running around the store with them and then ended up ordering a pair online because the store didn't have the color I wanted.

Today I was researching the differences in these two shoes and the New Balance have a 6.7mm drop while the ghosts have a 12mm drop. Is this going to create a problem for me alternating between these two shoes? I probably should have checked this first, a real newbie mistake.

Any thoughts about this?

an amazing likeness

It's not a problem to my opinion.  Many of us mix makes/models on a routine basis in our shoe rotation, while others are more brand/model specific. It's an individual thing...as you add miles to your experience with each pair, you'll find what shoe works best for you on various types of surfaces and workouts.

Just run. Lots. Most days. Mostly easy. Sometimes harder.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Apple1

Thank you for your opinion on this. I am definitely going to give it try.

Half Fanatic #846

I've run in anything from zero drop to about 24mm drop shoes over the years. I wouldn't be concerned about the difference between 6 and 12mm drop shoes, especially if you are going to rotate them. Enjoy!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Apple1

I've run in anything from zero drop to about 24mm drop shoes over the years. I wouldn't be concerned about the difference between 6 and 12mm drop shoes, especially if you are going to rotate them. Enjoy!

Thanks for the advice, I am going to head out for a short run in a minute and try them out.

Apple1

The new shoes were fine. Slightly heavier, but felt good overall. I am so new to this I am sure it is going to take me time to develop my own opinions on shoes and brands. I will have to run in these for a few more times before I can decide. I still love my New Balance 980.

maikeli

Shop Adidas Yeezy Boost Shoes | Cheap Air Jordans - JustDoShoe
                bootsshoppingonline.com

Shop JustDoShoe to find great deals on 2017 new arrival shoes. Browse Adidas Yeezy Boost, Boost 350 V2, Cheap Air Jordans retro & basketball sneakers. Shop ...