CAD, DH, COPD, HTFU, ......... (Read 5316 times)

ijeepgirl

Ok someone fill me in on all of these abbreviations that are being thrown out all over the place. I work in hospitals so I'm used to seeing them but this "runner's world" has some we didn't learn in nuc. med school. haha DH - dumb husband? HTFU - hate the follow up? BQ - boston qualify?? help!!!!!!!!! Shocked

I got my hair highlighted because I felt some strands were more important than others. :)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

DH - dear husband HTFU - Harden the f*** up Don't know about BQ, lol, but think you're right.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

DH - dumb husband? HTFU - hate the follow up? BQ - boston qualify?? help!!!!!!!!! Shocked
        HTFU BQ = Boston Qualify DH = Damn, dumb, dear, doofus Husband (all apply to my own from time to time) Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

I think it's time for a FAQ.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

then there's "DAH" for dumb__husband and DSW for dumb__wife. Heh.
              Does everybody know these? HR, MHR, RHR, HRR, AT, AeT, LT, MAF, RQ, RER, VO2, vVO2, ... (check out the heart rate training threads/groups)
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

DNS - did not start DNF - did not finish BQ - Boston Qualify OQ - Olympic [trial] Qualify 5k - Five Kilometer [Road Race] 10k - Ten Kilometer [Road Race] PR - Personal Best PW - Personal Worst CR - Course Record MA - Monkey Attack DQ - Disqualify DQ - Dairy Queen LSD - Long Slow Distance Run
                ijeepgirl

Hey Trent can u tell me when would I need to use the abbrev. MA? Does that happen to you often? hahaha

I got my hair highlighted because I felt some strands were more important than others. :)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Check it out. Scroll down. This is for real. Wink
                      Check it out. Scroll down. This is for real. Wink
                      Cool to see someone from my city on that list.

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Don't forget BMR and AMR...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Does everybody know these? HR, MHR, RHR, HRR, AT, AeT, LT, MAF, RQ, RER, VO2, vVO2, ... (check out the heart rate training threads/groups)
                          Unfortunately we're becoming all to familiar with those on this board.

Runners run

JakeKnight

If you don't know them, I'm impressed. You're lucky. If you don't use them, you have my gratitude. Running is not that complicated. I suspect most people would run more often, better, farther, much happier - and faster - if they didn't hear any of that babble for the first few years of their running life.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                            -----------------------------

Maggie & Molly

If you don't know them, I'm impressed. You're lucky. If you don't use them, you have my gratitude. Running is not that complicated. I suspect most people would run more often, better, farther, much happier - and faster - if they didn't hear any of that babble for the first few years of their running life.
                              Can't say that I know them (could guess at some) but I do just run without all that other stuff - lace up the shoes and go....

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                              Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

DD - Difficult daughter. (At least when my parents refer to me.) PITAD - pain in the ass dog. HTFU - HURRY the fuck up (as another alternative).