GPS WTH? (Read 141 times)

xhristopher

Went for a run today and the GPS drew a line shape similar to the route I ran...but it was at least 4 miles south of where I was actually running.

A Saucy Wench

Once with my old GPS it autolapped and started running backwards.  No joke.  My total mileage went from 2.0 to 1.25.  Then I manually lapped it and it started running forward again starting at the 1.25.  But if you looked at the individual laps it said 1.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0  total mileage 2.25

Unfortunately that predated uploading to here so I dont have a record of it anymore.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You and Shiva don't count, cause you are such destroyers of electronics.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

an amazing likeness

Everyone knows your GPS reciever is off by 1.433687 meters/sec/mile/parsec whenever your stride exceed 2.976 meters and your run starts to the northwest and initiates a turn to the east, not exceeding 30 degrees of angular velocity change per sec, within the first 1012 meters from when you pressed start, and the ambient temp is 9F.  That's just common knowledge when using firmware ver 2.97 release candidate 4.1 on the production release platform.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

No Talent Drips

I refuse to dignify this poll with a response, bucko.

Dei Gratia

xhristopher

Everyone knows your GPS reciever is off by 1.433687 meters/sec/mile/parsec whenever your stride exceed 2.976 meters and your run starts to the northwest and initiates a turn to the east, not exceeding 30 degrees of angular velocity change per sec, within the first 1012 meters from when you pressed start, and the ambient temp is 9F.  That's just common knowledge when using firmware ver 2.97 release candidate 4.1 on the production release platform.

I was in total agreement until you said the ambient temp needs to be 9F. It was at least 10F on my run today.

xhristopher

I refuse to dignify this poll with a response, bucko.

I was wondering how long it would take you to show up.

xhristopher

According to Strava I ran a 44 second 400, mostly through a river.

Thats rad

thought i was running on the beach, but I was wrong. I was wrong because I was actually running in the ocean. I need to control myself, I hear that running underwater is bad for your ankles and knees.

TJoseph

thought i was running on the beach, but I was wrong. I was wrong because I was actually running in the ocean. I need to control myself, I hear that running underwater is bad for your ankles and knees.

You are supposed to run on top of the water, or alternatively, you can part the seas.

skygazer

LOL....

You guys crack me up.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

According to Strava I ran a 44 second 400, mostly through a river.

You need to look up this traditional saying about horses, gifts, and mouths. Seriously.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Do you have a Venn diagram for that?

I voted yes.