What must I do to run a seven minute mile? (Read 13516 times)

Lazy idiot

Tick tock

Keep your cadence as high as your height in centimeters. Keep your heart rate at a value lower than your cadence - 30. When you finally achieve your goal, let out a huge garlicky scream and let the world know that you have arrived.
      Scout7

Keep your cadence as high as your height in centimeters. Keep your heart rate at a value lower than your cadence - 30. When you finally achieve your goal, let out a huge garlicky scream and let the world know that you have arrived.
        Does a garlicky fart count? That I think I've done.
        JakeKnight

Pardon my theft, but that's funny. I'm going to use it for an experiment. Don't mind me.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

I broke 8 minutes with a clocking of 7:57 for the mile. Getting closer to the goal of 7 flat, yes Big grin
              Red is definitely preferable. I mean, if it makes people drive cars faster, then it MUST make people run faster. Another study for the Chia Running Institute. Also, if you haven't started yet, grow your hair. And a wicked cool (that phrase thrown in for Mikey) circa 1970s mustache. Look at Pre. He ran WAY faster than a 7:00 mile, and he had hippie hair all over.
              I have to disagree with the facial hair thing. Shave the day you're planning on running your 7 minute mile.....fast running is all about aerodynamics my friend and a hairy face is only gonna slow you down. Oh, and wear one of those full length lycra body suits.....guaranteed sure-fire way of running faster. With red shoes....Big grin

A Saucy Wench

Man...you know I always try to follow this kind advice but for us short people that's a pretty low HR....oh well, at least I have the garlicky scream ready.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I must reply to this, my final post unil the 7 minute mile, I promise Big grin \
                  Why am I not surprised?

an amazing likeness

Why am I not surprised?
                    A genuine question. What is it about this thread, or the origin poster, that makes it ok for folks to be asshats in response?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Go Pre!

What is it about this thread, or the origin poster, that makes it ok for folks to be asshats in response?
                      Please don't call my nice friends asshats MTA: ( Definition ) I will not post again here until Hefty runs his 7:00 minute mile.

an amazing likeness

Shouldn't you be over telling AnneCA that she was faster today because her turnover was equal to the height of her socks or some other drivel like that...let's at least be consistent and take on all posters with the same approach.

an amazing likeness

Given the buns of steel posting, I'll guess I'll leave the benefit of the dowubt behind and assume Hefty is a troll. I didn't expect that here at RA.

HOSS1961

I would say to run a 7:00 minute mile you need to run faster... Wink
                            HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured