Help! Gift for 5 year old godson (Read 380 times)

I'm a non mommy and want to get the kid something cool. I was thinking Transformer? Any ideas? I want to spend under $70. Thanks

- Anya

By 5, most young men are obsessed with something. For my nephew, it is Spiderman. I could buy a box of Kleenex for him, if it has Spidey on the side it would be the best gift ever. Bought him a Spiderman i-dog and he carried it around the house for weeks. Could be Transformers, or Bionicles, or Legos, or... I'd ask mom. If it's a birthday or some other event with lots of gifts, i would let her know what you buy so she can scratch it off the "registry". That way there is less chance he will get five Star Wars Deathstars that day.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Think Whirled Peas

Yeah, doll, er, action figure is always a safe bet at that age. My son is four and really digs transformers, bionicles, power rangers and super heroes like batman, spidey, super man...X-Men are cool too. Nice thing about action figures too is that they normally don't cost $70!!!! Smile A match box car race track would be good. Good luck!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

DS will be 7 in less than a week. He is a happy camper whenever he gets anything Transformers, LEGO, Matchbox/Hotwheels. Boys are generally pretty easy to please when it comes to toys.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks all. Guess I'll head out to Toys r Us. He is really into trains, but also that movie Cars. It's his birthday, and since I'm the Godmother, I'd like to get something better than average. 5 is a big birthday, no? I guess it really doesn't matter, as long as it doesn't kill him.. Like that date rape laced toy? WTF? lol

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, he likes trains...? Check this out: Geotrax DS STILL goes apeshit for that stuff.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay