I have a feeling RA might be getting more members from RW (Read 2862 times)

xor

Honestly, in terms of organization (with all the chat threads), the masters group is probably the closest thing that RA has to the RWOL BF forum where all these new folks are popping in from.

SO.... hey BFers above the age of 40... check out the Masters User Group.  The environment might seem similar.  And you will encounter an active group of folks, lots of folks, you are not encountering here.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

The Masters are nice people.

xor

And they all wear green jackets.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

:P

#artbydmcbride

Yeah I find it funny as well that a certain female in the swamp will never venture out to see what was said about her in the GSP.  

Hey!  I see you talking about me!

I prefer to be addressed as "Goddess"

Runners run

Imminent Catastrophe

Honestly, in terms of organization (with all the chat threads), the masters group is probably the closest thing that RA has to the RWOL BF forum where all these new folks are popping in from.

SO.... hey BFers above the age of 40... check out the Masters User Group.  The environment might seem similar.  And you will encounter an active group of folks, lots of folks, you are not encountering here.

Oh, now I remember why I'm not in that group. I can't keep up.

Hey, who you calling a BFer?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Hey, who you calling a BFer?

Most of the new folks are BF'ers. Beginners forum. Wink

xor

Most of the new folks are BF'ers. Beginners forum. Wink

Twas a joke.

He knows I was really calling him old.

Imminent Catastrophe

(I put this in the wrong thread.  There are a lot of similar threads)

As for profanity....

It's legal.  But it ain't a hundred percent legal.  I mean, you can't open up any thread, go on a roll and start Murphy-in away.  BCR wants you to cuss in your home or certain designated places.

Breaks down like this, ok... It's legal to know it.  It's legal to think it.  And if you are the proprietor of a thread, it's legal to say it.  It's illegal to attack people with it, but that doesn't really matter 'cause, get a lot of this, all right - if you get popped by the mods in RA, it's ILLEGAL for them to search you. I mean, that's a right that mods in RA don't have.

Heh, I used to be on a forum that had "Nanny" software (that's what I call it). It would substitute any potentially naughty words with other words, like "thingy". So when you wrote about Dick Beardsley it would show up as Thingy Beardsley.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

I like the substitution idea.  On RWOL, it'll just error out and make you change it.   It causes some interesting issues.  For example, Kung Fu is a no go because "FU" eff-you is bad.  You can say damn, hell, and ass. 

All you gotta do is say "earmuffs" first and you can say "fuck", "shit", "bitch." See.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's always funny to me on running boards when one cannot talk about Dick's Sporting Goods or cocktails without censor.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

not lazy, just tired

I like the substitution idea - could be entertaining. Kind of like a mad libs game. So, if I follow this thread right, this is a Great Scary Place? ruh, roh.

Not if it makes sense.

xor

I like the substitution idea - could be entertaining. Kind of like a mad libs game. So, if I follow this thread right, this is a Great Scary Place? ruh, roh.

This is THE great scary place (in RA user group lingo). 
                              bitchin for some cussin

I'm a RWOL transfer student as well, primarily because of the log. looking forward to seeing what's happening here on RA.