What the Hoka? (Read 1563 times)

I started this thread and said I wouldn't be buying these shoes anytime soon due to the cost.  However, I contacted the company about being a shoe tester and was informed there is no testing program, but they would give me a $50 discount since I am a blogger. I ordered a pair of the Mafate Trail version and I expect they will arrive in the next week.  Looking forward to testing them out on the trail.

"Any idiot can run a marathon. It takes a special kind of idiot to run an ultramarathon." - Alan Cabelly

Purdey

Self anointed title

Andy - how were they?

They were very cushy. I prefer my shoes to let me feel the ground more.  I think they might be useful for a really long run or maybe on tired legs or maybe if one changed shoes in the latter part of an ultramarathon.. 

"Any idiot can run a marathon. It takes a special kind of idiot to run an ultramarathon." - Alan Cabelly

Purdey

Self anointed title

They were very cushy. I prefer my shoes to let me feel the ground more.  I think they might be useful for a really long run or maybe on tired legs or maybe if one changed shoes in the latter part of an ultramarathon.. 

This is exactly what I was expecting, and hoping, to hear. Many thanks - very useful.

Ostrich runner

theclymb.com has hokas for 70-80 bucks right now in a few sizes...including, of course, not mine.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

#artbydmcbride

This is exactly what I was expecting, and hoping, to hear. Many thanks - very useful.

Purdey, you just successfully ran the Leadville 100.  Did you wear your Hoka one ones?  How did it go?  Smile

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

jfa

Are those Capri's he's wearing?

Are those Capri's he's wearing?

He's only 4ft.  They'd be shorts on most people.

I thought he was allowed to wear Capri's 'cos he's badass?

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

#artbydmcbride

Naw, its 'cause he's Euro..........Big grin

Runners run

Ostrich runner

I'm about to buy some. Any comments on sizing? Anyone tried the waterproof ones...are they too hot?

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Not capris, but manpris

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals