last two runs not auto uploaded from my Garmin (Read 66 times)

cap3344

Is it me?  I had two events on Sunday 8/14 only one got uploaded  (deleted there after since it was not needed),  the other I did via a GPX import from Strava.  Today my single event did not get uploaded, again, imported from Strava.   Usually if there are global problems I'll see notices in the Community Forums, I don't see anything.  Going to restart my Garmin for the heck of it,

an amazing likeness

Active discussion in another thread here in the Technical Support forum: Garmin Syncing

Also...check that you have the correct file type specified in the "Data Source" selection on the 'Upload from File' action box...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

cap3344

GPC files I can manually upload GPX files.  However, normal course is that files are uploaded automatically once Garmin has sync'd with the iphone app.

an amazing likeness

I was attempting to make note via the link I provided to another thread on the topic that "normal course" had been disrupted for the past few days...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

cap3344

Thanks,  I actually started in Garmin Synching but I didn't see much in the most current posts that were directly related to auto updates being out of order (that is what I have seen in the past when this has happened, and it has happened often enough for me to assess that the problem is global and  not related to my PC).  What I saw were comments related to manual uploading and issue with files not being tagged properly (GPC vs TCX vs FIT) or manual uploading not working (which I have also experienced, but was not the case this time around).

Given I only run 3 days a week nowadays, manual uploading isn't a big issue,  I'm just learning that the FIT and TCX files have more of the details than GPX (Laps specifically do not show up when you export GPX from Strava).

Again, thanks for the info....  now the question - will this get fixed?

HermosaBoy

I think the comments about manual uploading were because people were trying that while the automatic uploads were not working. At that time, most people couldn't get any uploads to work on a consistent basis.

For me, the automatic upload issue seems to be fixed and all of my activities are arriving in runningahead shortly after they sync with Garmin Connect. If you are still having issues, you might want to report it as a separate issue?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob