Create Race-specific forums? (Read 149 times)

Iowa Haze

Message to Moderators: is it possible to get race-specific forums created for some of hte majors like Chicago, NYC, Boston?   As you've surely heard, Runners World is closing its forums.  A number of folks are interested to set up shop here.  We can create 'user groups" but seems like those are harder to find than just having a forum in the main listing.

Just look in the Racing forums. They're there. If you don't see one, just start a thread.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

F'rinstance:

Boston 2018

NYC 2017

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
        Iowa Haze

Thanks, but was asking for a dedicated forum  (sub-forum?), rather than have threads about all of the races lumped in one Racing forum.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

There is also https://www.runningahead.com/groups/MarathonRaceTraining/ which was created by a RWOL person back when the forums were filled with spam.  Some of us are trying to revive it.  I'm trying to reach the admin to see if he either wants to be more active, or hand over the reins.

an amazing likeness

Thanks, but was asking for a dedicated forum  (sub-forum?), rather than have threads about all of the races lumped in one Racing forum.

Personally, I think it would be a better user experience to have the races be under the Racing topic, much like it exist today.  One click to enter the Racing topic section, then below that would be Subjects for each major:

Racing

Boston Marathon 2018

NY Marathon 2018

Chicago Marathon 2018

Hudson Valley Marathon 2018

Vermont City Marathon 2018

Running your best 10K

...etc

At a glance, this would let me see scan the active topics on each. If there's no active discussions on a particular race, the topic fades down the list -- active and alive is easily seen on top.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Prince of Fatness

That's really what the groups are for.  I get your point to some degree but for many here it's nice to not have a bunch of forums to sift through on the main page. Groups was a new concept for me when I first came here but I now find them to be one of this place's best features.

Not at it at all. 

Kalsarikännit

That's really what the groups are for.  I get your point to some degree but for many here it's nice to not have a bunch of forums to sift through on the main page. Groups was a new concept for me when I first came here but I now find them to be one of this place's best features.

OMG, the déjà vu.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

This place survived 11/2012. You can do this.

Some of us turned out ok, didn't we?

Nasreddin Hoja

Message to Moderators: is it possible to get race-specific forums created for some of hte majors like Chicago, NYC, Boston?   As you've surely heard, Runners World is closing its forums.  A number of folks are interested to set up shop here.  We can create 'user groups" but seems like those are harder to find than just having a forum in the main listing.

The NYCM Forum at RWOL, has been very nearly dead for a couple of years now.

Kalsarikännit

Stealth, I think I need to be held.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Stealth, I think I need to be held.

If I remember correctly, someone still owes me a beer.

Kalsarikännit

If I remember correctly, someone still owes me a beer.

Premium Grain Belt for everyone!

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Some of us turned out ok, didn't we?

I don't know that it did.

Liz

pace sera, sera