The most amazing thing about trolls (Read 274 times)

JimR

Is how well fed they are.

doh, how do you think they survive!

Get off my porch

JimR

doh, how do you think they survive!

nom, nom, nom...

yummmmmmmmmm

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

At least RA has a decent training log.

The forums?...yawnnnnnnn

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Are there better running forums elsewhere?

At least RA has a decent training log.

The forums?...yawnnnnnnn

rlopez

Once upon a time, this was a much more active place. And it still kind of is, if you dig into the groups.

I blame facebook for pretty much everything.

Also the incompetence of RWOL. Every 2-3 years.

If you are really old, you remember coolrunning.

JimR

That’s actually a good point, Senior Lopez.  The groups are active but the forums...not as much.  And since the groups are hidden and work by inclusion, it seems a preferred location.

JimR

Facebook currently has the kick runners (the original kick, not the one set up by purple hayes) reunion group that I’m in.  I squeeked in because I originally signed onto kick just before it was sold to coolrunning.

Lane

I'm only 29!

Are you Stevie Ray Lopez?

HermosaBoy

Once upon a time, this was a much more active place. And it still kind of is, if you dig into the groups.

I blame facebook for pretty much everything.

Also the incompetence of RWOL. Every 2-3 years.

I liked coolrunning. I remember the uproar we caused when we landed here because a certain other company assimilated coolrunning.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

JimR

I liked coolrunning. I remember the uproar we caused when we landed here because a certain other company assimilated coolrunning.

I had an email from the ‘other’ company recently to review their privacy policy following their GDPR compliancy changes.  Maybe they should try being compliant with their account handling.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm so old I remember when running wasn't cool.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

I actually like Reddit.  The /r/running sub is quite active, but also...repetitively varied, I guess, in that it's a mix of the usual newb questions, the usual, "I can't run slow, what do I do? and anyway, how does running slow make you fast?", the usual panicked military or police candidates who need to pass a running test, the usual arguments about shoes and Garmins and treadmills, etc etc.   There is also a much less active /r/Advanced/Running and also a /r/trailrunning and a few other related subs I don't read.

I left these forums when it was invaded by a swarm of others from another website.

Their style didn't match the forum culture of RA.  In my opinion, that shift in culture shift was a shift for the worse as it relates to this forum.

I've read through this off and on over the past couple years, but not interested in participating in this forum.

Oh well.  I still run.  I still have goals.  Still conquering my inner demons.  Don't have the same needs for support, guidance, mentoring, encouragement, etc from 'y'all' as I did in 2009.

(I miss many of you, though.  Miss hearing about the "300th" marathon or the "24 hour race" here or there or the best ways to accomplish this or that goal.  I miss Nobby's 2000 word messages, the wise words from Spaniel, Jeff, MikeyMike, Trent, and hundreds of others that were active participants a few years ago.  As an average Joe, those guys all played a role in motivating me to get where I wanted to be and helped me along my journey.)

Cheers,

Brian

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life