Face & Skin Stinging (Read 504 times)

Go Pre!

Does anyone have any combat for the burning and stinging on your face, particularly the cheeks, which with the cooler weather an d yough runs producing a lot of perspiration is killing me. If I touch my cheeks (face, not butt!) after a run it's even worse.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Could it be eczema? Reason I ask is when it first started getting warm last Spring I found that I was getting redness and irritation above my eyes...kind of just above the lids. Turned out that I was having some sort of eczemic reaction. The cure was to start wearing a wicking hat year-round to keep the sweat from running into my eyes. Worked like a charm. Until the eczema cleared-up I used some cortizone cream on the affected areas and that really helped. Perhaps give that a try and/or maybe some sort of barrier cream (like Aquaphor). Another thing I do year-round is carry a cotton hanky with me on EVERY run. In the warmer months it helps mop up sweat and in the cooler months it does double duty for sweat and snot. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I use sunscreen on my face even in winter. It helps keep wind chapping down on those chilly mornings!
        1000 mile club. "Pain is just the weakness leaking out."

Go Pre!

ya, wind chapping, combined with sweat seems to be the issue. You can even feel the graininess of the salts coming out! My neighbor mentioned that vaseline works - which I will try, along with sunscreen. That sounds like a good idea. Maybe I will do a bit of each on half to see which is better. Maybe I will even try mixing Smile cheers

Go Pre!

Vaseline....= ... SUCCESS!

still alive

Vaseline....= ... SUCCESS!
              Just what I was going to suggest. Glad it worked for you.

Greg in ND

One day at a time.