the science of training and the industry of training (Read 312 times)

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

It as been found lately that the Kenyans are faster because of their small bone structure .

And it is only from a small region of Kenya not the whole country.

Also a american woman beat the Kenyans this year at Boston because she was mentally tougher .

Also when is Desiree going to get the cover of RW?

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

rlopez

Because that's how science works.  You have a hypothesis, you test it, and the data either supports or rejects your hypothesis.

Right now you just have some crazy hypotheses with a bunch of random stuff you found on the internet to form those hypotheses with no actual real data testing them.

This post is called the SCIENCE of training.   You complained that no one  can discuss the science with you.  So get back in your rocketship and go out and test them and stop rambling on and on and insulting people when you have no real evidence.

Right now?

He is regurgitating the same stuff he's been trying to sell for 10 years (maybe more).

sport jester

Biomimeticist

I have all the evidence in the world to back me up. That you lack the intellectual curiosity to try it for yourself is my proof. Because the biggest fear you face is if you can't discredit me, which both of us know is true.

Now I know you don't want what I teach to work, so why don't you ask the NSCA (which has published my work) to publicly test what I teach and post the results. I'm not the one who backs down from that challenge. The Athletic training industry is just that, an industry which is based upon absolute garbage. And publicly testing me would prove it.

If what I teach didn't work, then why won't any of the accredited training schools warn the public if what I taught didn't improve their athletic performance and better protect them from injury. Trust me, they know who I am, and since they can control my access to athletes, can't stop me from training our military forces. That's the biggest fear they face.

While you'd truly like to think yourself smarter than me, then have the balls to try it for yourself. Until then you're merely my story of the internet idiots so stupid, they think they're smart...

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Teresadfp

One day at a time

We're getting a puppy!  Smile

bhearn

This is still going? Geez. Well I guess I have some more grist for the jester-o-matic. Will update tomorrow.

rlopez

I have all the evidence in the world to back me up. That you lack the intellectual curiosity to try it for yourself is my proof. Because the biggest fear you face is if you can't discredit me, which both of us know is true.

No, my biggest fear is that we're not going to round up all the Russian spies.

Mmmmm...beer

If what I teach didn't work, then why won't any of the accredited training schools warn the public if what I taught didn't improve their athletic performance and better protect them from injury. Trust me, they know who I am, and since they can control my access to athletes, can't stop me from training our military forces. That's the biggest fear they face.

Anyone else get the feeling there's a restraining order involved here? 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Well given that I spent two years with Nike, refused a job with Adidas, and UnderArmor hired Nike's their head biomechanic from them (who I reported to), and not to mention that I've been published by the NSCA, then yes, the industry does know who I am.

That's why I train our military elite. It would be much easier to teach a Navy SEAL how to play professional sports than it ever would to teach any professional athlete how to be a SEAL. Athletes are worthless cowards, kind of like most of the posters here...

My proof is in front of you to the crap you barf.

I'm still waiting to meet the first person who can prove me wrong.

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Experts say the world is round

Experts say flying planes is possible

Experts say we've landed on the moon

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Sportjester i think you need  a vacation.

You need to learn to take it easy.

You shouldn't care what a bunch  of slow cowards think.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Sportjester i think you need  a vacation.

You need to learn to take it easy.

You shouldn't care what a bunch  of slow cowards think.

rlopez

Word to your mother.

When someone starts barfing crap, their running form is probably the least of their worries.

Dave

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Apparently  you don't live in Oregon.

My joke is that people think teaching athletes or doing formal studies is as easy as going to 7-11 to buy a 6 pack of beer. I truly wish it were.

Reality is that having access to any athlete in this state is impossible. When I was with Nike and teaching some of the top junior high school runners under their supervision, even if the athlete wanted to learn from me, it was their parents who refused to let me teach them. Because their egos were more important than letting me prove I could teach them to run faster.

In the high school level of this state, athletes were told not to train with me by their school coaches because it would put their contracts at risk. Openly, Nike has a vertical monopoly on athletic programs in this state, and while it doesn't mean much to most people, for someone like me who is trying to improve athletic ability over improving any company's bottom line, what everyone thinks is easy, obviously has never tried to do what I'm accomplishing.

The sports industry in this state is a very dirty business. Athletes are nothing more than sales tools for them to make money. And sadly, even if that means promoting injuries in athletes to do so.

https://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/page/how_nike_dominated_oregon_high.html

My runners have won age group medals in races, and one of them even took sixth place overall in the Empire State Building Challenge and was mad because since it was his first time attempting it, he felt he could have done better.

Since military people are the only ones who get what I teach and why, I'll gladly teach them. In fact I don't find them, they find me.

https://www.sealswcc.com/forums/forum/fitness/run-training/4365-natural-effective-running-rucking-walking-technique

Prince of Fatness

FFS. Where the hell is Tonya when we need her?

Not at it at all.