Comfortable iPhone armband or belt? (Read 57 times)

Brilliant

I'm trying to find a comfortable armband for my iPhone.  Does such a thing exist?  The neoprene & plastic ones seem to get really sweaty.  I'm currently using a belt which I got as a promo item at a race which I don't *dislike*, but it seems to have stretched out and I've adjusted it as small as it can get.  So I need to either get a new belt or an armband.  What do you use/like to carry your phone?

I use both fitletic and flip belts, both work fine for iPhone. I’ve adjusted and don’t notice them at all. I’ve also had both for years.

Brilliant

The FlipBelt looks interesting.  Does it really stay where you put it?  Every belt I've ever tried slips up onto my waist.

Yes, both stay put. I don't notice either of them until I take my phone out for pictures and then put it back, I'm then aware that I've re-added weight. If you want to use the camera, I find fitletic offers easier access. If not, flip is probably better.

MTA: it's possible you're the one on the right of the photo, in which case hip/waist questions would be better answered by someone else. However, I've heard plenty of women recommend flipbelt.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

I use the SpiBelt. It’s the only one that doesn’t flop around on me. (Small framed  female)

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
            5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

10k PR 5/23 54:43

HM PR 1/2024 1:59:10

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I use the SpiBelt. It’s the only one that doesn’t flop around on me. (Small framed  female)

Same.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Brilliant

Yes, both stay put. I don't notice either of them until I take my phone out for pictures and then put it back, I'm then aware that I've re-added weight. If you want to use the camera, I find fitletic offers easier access. If not, flip is probably better.

MTA: it's possible you're the one on the right of the photo, in which case hip/waist questions would be better answered by someone else. However, I've heard plenty of women recommend flipbelt.

I'm the female half of the photo Big grin

Brilliant

Thanks for the recommendations.  On today's run I discovered that in addition to the current promo belt getting stretched out, the zipper on it is getting stick-y so I'm really going to need to replace it pretty soon.  So I will look at fitletic, flipbelt, and spibelt.  I'll check my LRS or order the FlipBelt from REI for starters.

ELnEC

I got a Nathan Hipster on sale about two months ago.

Bearing in mind that I am a guy, I find it sits where I put it,  holds a phone nicely, and I don't notice it once I am going.  Not quick or easy to get the phone out though once it is in (there is a zip version that might be easier).

Big asterisk is that it is still quite cool up here (Ontario).  So no heat/sweat issues with the Hipster so far, but not sure what is going to happen when Spring actually arrives.