4 bugs (Read 1800 times)

krull_etc

Eric, 

I've seen a couple bugs for a while, and thought I should report them.  

1) Garmin data uploaded does not show any graph. It used to work fine.

2) Garmin data uploaded, shows the date as 1990.  

3) When I upload Garmin data with intervals, it assumes the distance for each is miles.  If I go back and manually change the intervals to yards, it still saves and displays it in miles.  

4) the RTE for the forum does not let me enter text when IE9.

thanks,

Stephen

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

pretty but inappropriate
      e454545rt

pretty but inappropriate
        WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

pretty but inappropriate
          eric :)

Eric, 

I've seen a couple bugs for a while, and thought I should report them.  

2) Garmin data uploaded, shows the date as 1990.  

3) When I upload Garmin data with intervals, it assumes the distance for each is miles.  If I go back and manually change the intervals to yards, it still saves and displays it in miles.  

4) the RTE for the forum does not let me enter text when IE9.

thanks,

Stephen

Stephen,

1. I'm guessing you uploaded a large number of workouts from your GPS at once.  The Forerunner has a limited amount of memory to store your data.  When it runs out of room, it will delete workout details, including the workout's positional data.  As a result, your workouts only have summary data.  You should import your data regularly to avoid this problem.

2. Which Forerunner do you have?  I don't have any evidence this is an RA bug.  I will need more info about your environment in order to know where to start to track down the cause.

3. I am unable to reproduce this problem.  I was able to change the distance units and they are displayed correctly.  Can you point me to a workout with this problem?  Are you referring to the graphs or the actual interval data?  The graphs do not observe interval modifications.  That is, if you change the interval distances, the graph will continue to show the original GPS data.

4. This seems to be a bug with either IE9 or the text editor package that I use.  You need to click on the row in the editor where the cursor should appear.

krull_etc

1.) Nope.  i download almost daily. 

2) I'm using the FR60.  It had worked fine until a month or 2 ago.  Not sure if Garmin changed one of the software packages on you.

3) Its happened for as long as I've owned the FR60 (November).  I never tried with the 310. If you go back and look at most of my swims, then you'll see it happening. For Example, on July  8:  Default unit is set to yards.  I changed the blank distance to ___ yds on the intervals.  When i save and go back, it displays them as __mi.  Total distance is the same when you're looking at the actual workout, although when veiwing the calendar the total is in yards.

4) yeah, its a bug in IE9/the RTE.  I don't normally use IE, but thought you'd like to know.

1.) Nope.  i download almost daily. 

2) I'm using the FR60.  It had worked fine until a month or 2 ago.  Not sure if Garmin changed one of the software packages on you.

3) Its happened for as long as I've owned the FR60 (November).  I never tried with the 310. If you go back and look at most of my swims, then you'll see it happening. For Example, on July  8:  Default unit is set to yards.  I changed the blank distance to ___ yds on the intervals.  When i save and go back, it displays them as __mi.  Total distance is the same when you're looking at the actual workout, although when veiwing the calendar the total is in yards.

4) yeah, its a bug in IE9/the RTE.  I don't normally use IE, but thought you'd like to know.

1. I need to see the raw data file to verify its contents.  Right now, I don't know if the problem is with the importer or that the data files do not contain the data.

2. Did you update the firmware/software during this time?

3. This is sort of by design.  The interval data comes from the data file but I don't remember why I did it this way instead of displaying what you entered.

krull_etc

1) do you ant me to send the files somehow?  they open correctly in SportTracks, and i can save them as a fitlog from that and then uload correctly.

2)  I don't remember doing it, but if the plugin or ANT agent auto updates, then it would be.  I can look up versions if that is helpful

3) can I make a feature request to be able to over-ride, then?  it definitely would make the log easier to read.  (I can put the request in the features forum, but don't want to over-post)

thanks!

krull_etc

Hi eric,

#2 seems to work correctly now, but the other two issues are still there:

thanks for your help!

Hi eric,

#2 seems to work correctly now, but the other two issues are still there:

thanks for your help!

1. Yes, please send me the file so I can take a look.

3. I'll fix this when I redo the page to support comments.