Weight & exercise entries (Read 1079 times)

Keeping Pace

Does anyone know how I can enter my weight and exercise sessions so that I can have graphs for reps and sets, and not just the entire session duration?  Right now, I can only figure out a graph to show how long my entire exercise session lasted, but I'd like to have a graph, or sets of graphs, to show I did X sets of X reps, the types of lifts I did, the amount of weight lifted, etc.

Any help or direction is appreciated, and thanks!

Norm

an amazing likeness

I realize this doesn't help you in any way, and I do hope someone has some suggestions -- but...keep in mind this is a running log.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Keeping Pace

Well, true.  But the RunningAHEAD website has specific weight training entries.  I thought someone out there may have figured out some specifics to how to make those entries.

A Saucy Wench

honestly, I havent found any good online weight training logs.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

billd935

You might try JEFIT. On-line and Android app are very good for weight training. Not so good for running.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I wouldn't be surprised if RA soon became the best weight training log.

I'm out for running until further notice. I either have degenerative arthritis in my big toe, a dislocate toe or both.  Podiatrist appt on Thur

ANYWHO - I thought since I'm not going to be logging runs for who knows how long, I was searching for an online workout log.  Found a few but honestly, I prefer RA's to the rest.  Active has an online log and it was annoying me within minutes and just couldn't deal with it.

I simply updated my training log here and now it's just what I need.

I use JEFIT for its Android app, which is not ideal, but I haven't found anything better.  The online site is just awful, though... very awkward to use. 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

SmallStep87

norm,

im sure you have found it by now but there is a section in the training log were you can record your weight routines and whatnot. its pretty straight forward as far as filling it out.

good luck

russell

JoAnne Narayan

Hi,

I think  you should visit some weight related website which can be of some help to you.

I have lifted for years and kept logs at several sites.   Most have a workout forum and workouts get posted  just like topics on these forums.  I think your best bet if you want to keep all your info on one site, is to type your workout into the notes section of an Event entry or Fitness entry.

Black-Toe-Nailed

Hi.

I too do a lot of weight training.

As for now I haven't been able to find anything better than RA. Well, there is one from Runnersworld that seems to be quite good, but it costs a damn lot and as long as you aren't an elite or a trainer I don't see the need for so much. And the difference in cost vs features and useability is huge.

The only thing that i miss regarding RA's weight training is the ability to create workout types in the same way you create them for running so that you could have (for instance) a core workout, upper body workout... etc...

But the truth is that the my aim (and I guess the aim of most of us) is to focus on running and while I do a lot of changes to my strength workouts. I mean that I am both serious and consistent but not so systematic as I am with running.

There is also the danger of an excessive success of the weight training feature. Nothing against bodybuilders, it's my second favourite sport, but if the site becomes too good as a weight training log this may be detrimental to runners... and I guess that this is far from what the webmasters want as they created the site as a service to the runner community and not as an universal fitness site.

Well, anyway: The weight logs are quite good as they are. I sometimes use them but most of the time rely on a whiteboard on the wall of my gym room. As I am now using the abbreviated method with only a few exercises (Squats, dead lifts, bench presses, curls) it is not difficult to track the whole thing and when I feel like doing something different I just log a general weights entry and that's it.

Almost the same with biking, I just want to keep track of the mileage because I found myself having some symptoms of overtraining.

--

"If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years,
                          then will power is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter.
                          I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to."

Emil Zatopek

The only thing that i miss regarding RA's weight training is the ability to create workout types in the same way you create them for running so that you could have (for instance) a core workout, upper body workout... etc...

I do NO weight training so I may be missing the point here but I am able to create all other different workout types for wights (as you can for running)

Like this Workout

Is that what you meant, or something else?

2017 Goals
                            1) Run more than 231 miles
                            2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

Black-Toe-Nailed

I do NO weight training so I may be missing the point here but I am able to create all other different workout types for wights (as you can for running)

Like this Workout

Is that what you meant, or something else?

nope, i meant something different.

i was talking about being able to have several colour coded copies of the activity light in running. imagine being able to make a workout like the one you showed and store it so that you could drag and drop it into a training plan just like you can do with your fartleks, long runs, etc...

But again, it's good enough the Way it is.

--

"If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years,
                              then will power is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter.
                              I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to."

Emil Zatopek

eric :)

As for now I haven't been able to find anything better than RA. Well, there is one from Runnersworld that seems to be quite good, but it costs a damn lot and as long as you aren't an elite or a trainer I don't see the need for so much. And the difference in cost vs features and useability is huge.

Which training log is this?

I don't do any weight training so I don't know what is useful.  If you have suggestions on how to make it more useful, please let me know as I am redesigning the workout editor.