2016 Chicago Marathon (Read 263 times)

Hoppy

Hey timbo slice,

I'm running the Chicago marathon this fall, too. I'm actually in a very similar boat as you - just ran the Michelob Ultra Chicago Half Marathon this past Sunday and finished at around 1:27. I'm shooting for the 3:05 mark too and I'm looking for fellow runners who can keep up with me and are running as vigorously as I am. Not sure where you live/do most of your running but if you're looking for someone to do longer runs with I live downtown a few blocks east of Wrigley Field and would love to have someone to run with since this is my first marathon. Let me know!

Cheers,

Sam

Who's running?! I ran the 2007 Chicago Marathon right after graduating high school and training all summer long. I ran xc and track for 4 years in high school and so I thought I would be in the best shape of my life. However, first semester of college and adjustment period really derailed everything and I ended up running a 4:16 marathon. Now many years later, I am finally back at it and ready to PR by over an hour and 11 minutes and qualify for Boston! Albeit, I was a little bummed to find out Boston changed when you can register so when I do qualify, I wouldn't be able to run until 2018 

I just ran the Chicagoland spring half marathon in Schaumburg, IL on May 15 in 1:28 which was very encouraging. I've also signed up for this year's marathon as a St. Jude Hero which makes it even more encouraging to get me through some of those long runs! Now a little bit old a little bit wiser, I'm ready to get my revenge on the Chicago Marathon!!

What's your story?

Markhammervold

My fiance and I are getting married in Chicago over Marathon weekend.

We booked a hotel wedding block for October 7-8, but due to some initial issues with the link from the hotel, many of our guests we were expecting to book these rooms have already booked elsewhere.

We negotiated the following discount prices with the block discount: $319 for a King, and $349 for 2 doubles. These are great rates for the Chicago Marathon weekend at such a a swanky hotel. The block expires on September 8.

Please help us fill out our block marathon runners!

Book online with the following link: https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx?Hotel=59794&Chain=15564&group=1610HAMMER

(Please note that the link will not work from a mobile device).

Book by phone at 800.606.8188 - mention the Hammervold-Santana wedding for availability and the discounted rates.

Joann Y

Okay, due to unforeseen circumstances it turns out Chicago WILL be my goal marathon this year. And that is totally fine because the weather at my originally scheduled race looks like it will be less than ideal.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Okay, due to unforeseen circumstances it turns out Monkey WILL be my goal marathon this year. 

Joann Y

You mean that fun run? There's gonna be glitter and shit, right?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

And mud and paint balls.

Kalsarikännit

I live downtown a few blocks east of Wrigley Field

Ummmmm....

Two residences within four miles?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Anyone with past Chicago experience have an opinion on Saturday packet pickup?  I am debating taking Friday off work to avoid the chaos.  Cubs are home Friday and Saturday making the drive in from the north harder as well.

I haven't run Chicago in a few years but back when I did, Friday was usually better.  Even leaving work early and getting there by 5:00 still beat Saturday.  Not sure it is bad enough to warrant taking a day off work but if you are taper tweaking you may not be getting much done anyway.

pillowmaker

I am going to walk tomorrow somewhere else. It's going to be very interesting. Can't wait....

Kalsarikännit

In previous years the marathon had a shuttle from the Cermak/Chinatown Red Line stop to the expo.  You can hop on the Red Line at Howard, or even take the Yellow to it from the Edens, and mellow out on the L and do all things you can't do while sitting in a car like play on the phone, read, or panhandle.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Julia1971

Help me out...  Where is the link to track runners?  If it's on the home page, I apologize in advance.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Help me out...  Where is the link to track runners?  If it's on the home page, I apologize in advance.

Looks like it'll be here, once they turn it on.  Good luck everyone! Way nicer weather than some years we remember!

Sayhey! MM#130

Good luck to everyone, especially in getting there.  Lots of flights cancelled down here and several major airports closed.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Joann Y

Looks like there is an app and some ability to track on the computer via the website.

https://www.chicagomarathon.com/event-information/spectator-information/#runnertracking