I'm Sore (Read 1215 times)

Sorry to threadjack here, but you play kickball, in a league?!?!?! How fun is THAT?!?!? I think that would be a total blast.
    Yup... there is a nationwide kickball organization (WAKA) which plays seriously, and a loose association of leagues (indie kickball) that play a more recreational game. My league is part of the latter. In addition to playing a fun game, we drink plenty of beer (have a beer sponsor, actually), our uniforms are more of costumes (zombies, commandos, elderly, Frenchmen, etc) and there are often skits before, during and after the games. It is a hugely fun part of the summer!

-------------------------------------
    5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
    10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
    1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
    Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Go figure that this morning I wake up, and the soreness is gone from my muscles, just beckoning me to go out and do another easy run. It's taking all I can not to head out this morning for an easy jog...fortunately, I know what is best for me at this point. I'd rather not run for a couple of days than not run for 4-6 weeks.

Go figure that this morning I wake up, and the soreness is gone from my muscles, just beckoning me to go out and do another easy run. It's taking all I can not to head out this morning for an easy jog...fortunately, I know what is best for me at this point. I'd rather not run for a couple of days than not run for 4-6 weeks.
        If you feel good, run....but run short & easy. I don't think that anyone was saying to stop running completely. Just take it easy, lay off the intervals and run easy for a while.
        Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.
        obsessor

personally, I run a lot of little 3 milers,and 4 and 5. those are my rest days. sometimes they are doubles. intervals during highest week ever right after a marathon? Not a good idea. and also, for me, anyhow, it's not the big week that hurts. It's the little week after that. I hate cutback weeks, they hurt like hell, but you need 'em. Proper training is all about stress and recovery. You need both to improve.
            So the general concensus would be that today would be okay to run 4-6 miles at about a 9 min mile or above pace?
              Anyone?
                Take a briskly walk. Do not run.