F...ing Sledding!!! (Read 658 times)

I fractured two transverse processes in my back in a sledding accident last week…I think ill go swimming this afternoon. It seems running is out of the picture for a while.
      Wow, in the last 2 weeks I've heard of more broken bones, headwounds and other trauma type injuries due to sledding accidents than in my whole life up until then combided. Did you guys get that snow/ice/snow/ice storm too? It made for some seriously fast tracks for sledding... Take care of yourself.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, no! How long is the healing time for that? I'm glad to hear you can still be active swimming. Are you in much pain? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Yes to the snow/ice/snow/ice thing. We have a medium sized hill behind our house. We sled there whenever it snows. There is a fence at the bottom of the hill, but in the past it has been a rarity to reach the fence. On ice however...we never slowed down (my 10 year old son and I) and obviously I hit the fence with enough force to cause a couple of fractures. This puts my debut in the Boston Marathon in jeopardy.
          va

Wow, in the last 2 weeks I've heard of more broken bones, headwounds and other trauma type injuries due to sledding accidents than in my whole life up until then combided. Did you guys get that snow/ice/snow/ice storm too? It made for some seriously fast tracks for sledding... Take care of yourself.
            ttmalek, get well soon! mikeymike, the amount of injuries/sickness around these forums is insane, we need another "who's not injured roll call"...
              This puts my debut in the Boston Marathon in jeopardy.
              Get well soon so you can do Boston. They say moderate exercise helps to heal injuries so swimming sounds like a good idea. Good luck. Ewa
              I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
              derek

mikeymike, the amount of injuries/sickness around these forums is insane, we need another "who's not injured roll call"...
                What's actually surprising is that quite a number of the injuries aren't even running related!

Derek