Running in the bike lane: recent death (Read 1170 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Had a guy swerve towards me on Saturday's run while flipping me off and cursing at me.
    I had the exact same thing happen to me last Sat.....I just don't understand "that" freaking behavior!!! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

.....I just don't understand "that" freaking behavior!!! Tim
      Many of the roads around me have a 2 foot paved area outside the white line which is great for runners. I was running on one a couple weeks ago and had a car crowd me. He moved over so his wheels were on the white line as he passed. This was early on a Sunday morning with zero traffic. I made all sorts of rude gestures trying to get him to come back but got no response. I may start carrying a rock. Wink Tom

A Saucy Wench

my dh had to leap over a car that pulled out suddenly from a driveway. He landed on the hood of the car and the guy got out and started yelling at him for damaging his car. Truthfully, I am more nervous on sidewalks around here, most people back out of their driveways at full speed and dont look at the sidewalk, only the street. The flag lot driveway 3 houses down gives me nightmares now that my kids are starting to run around.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7