Scared to Run: treadmill or get over it? (Read 210 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

as far as cemetary runs, I had already considered running in one but only where my late father rests and for the mere purpose of “being with him” in hopes I’ll see him (yup still not over it!!). Definitely in my family they would think that is disrespectful pounding on the ground (even on the roads) around the graves bc it may “disturb” them. Plus I wouldn’t be dressed like a nun while running so my bare arms would also be disrespectful, not to mention music in my ears, instead of prayers for the dead.

for sure I’d ask the cemetary grounds keeper first, but I’m pretty sure if other visitors saw me they may be upset. Esply if they’re visiting someone young who left us way too early. 

I run through a cemetery often. My Mom's ashes are interred there. (Funny enough, we did talk about whether it was disrespectful to run through a graveyard years ago.) A lot of runners go through there. No spitting and I've never seen a Gu package in there. I won't run the road direct next to someone who is visiting graveside and I won't run past a funeral. I stop and walk if I see there is a funeral in progress.

People walk (often with dogs) and bike through. Most people are fine with it as long as you are respectful and stay on the roads.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Gizmo2019

I once ran a half marathon on an unseasonably hot and humid day and at about mile 10 the course popped off a riverside trail to a dirt road around a cemetery in the open, bright sun.  I considered just lying down right there to save everyone time in carrying me back from the finish line.

In another half marathon I've run a few times the course has a series of long uphills and sharp downhills, and on the worst of them you run by a coffin maker.  I always think I should have called ahead and pre-ordered....

🤣