Garmin vs. Fitbit Watches (Read 62 times)

jebrown325

I am debating on whether to get a Garmin Forerunner 45 or a Fitbit Sense.  Both appear to have the heart rate monitoring features I am looking for.  Anyone have any opinions on whether Garmin or Fitbit is better for runners?  Thanks!

an amazing likeness

Beyond the device itself, the 'eco system' for collecting and using the data from the watch is important. Garmin is far ahead of Fitbit in this area. I'd strongly recommend Garmin over Fitbit for running.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

lagwagon

I agree w milktruck, and add that i've been wearing a Garmin since they were the size of a microwave oven. always been happy with their products.

I'm a limited user of the heart rate function, but analyze it sometimes after harder workouts.  I've noticed that I need to wear it fairly snug for best accuracy or it jumps a bit.

most of the major players make good products now so you can probably buy based on features (incl ecosystem), style, price etc. for me, i llke the Garmin reliability, app and style, so happy to recommend them.

Is the fitbit a gps watch?

I bought a generic cheapo fitbit style watch to monitor heart rate and daily steps....for $35 it was a steal IMO.

doesn't have gps although you can link it to your phone which then probably would work the gps if your phone's gps was on, also links texts if you want, but I haven't done any of that.

they probably all come out of the same factory in china/same tech at this point.

I have a gps watch garmin from years ago that I wear for all my runs, for heart rate.

2 different watches imo.

300m- 37 sec.

Arnoldziffel

I have had a great experience with my Garmin Forerunner 35, but previously had a very poor experience with an expensive Fitbit Surge watch.  The Fitbit watch crapped out about one day our of warranty, and they offered my $25 off my next Fitbit watch.    There were plenty of other people in their on line community who were experiencing a similar problem, but they would not stand behind their product.  So I bought my Garmin Forerunner 35 about 5 years ago, and I love it.  I also bought one for my son who is a cross country runner - and he loves his watch too.  I highly recommend it.

April 21- Fast Half Marathon

May 5 - Colleen Ritzer 5K

June 22 - Mad Fox Trail Fest 10K

rmcj001

Haven't tried Fitbit watches recently, so no real comment.  Been using Garmin watches for 12 years now and still have a fitbit one to track steps (the one is a clip on).  My best advice would be to check out DCRainMaker, best review site for GPS watches that I've found...

Ray

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Haven't tried Fitbit watches recently, so no real comment.  Been using Garmin watches for 12 years now and still have a fitbit one to track steps (the one is a clip on).  My best advice would be to check out DCRainMaker, best review site for GPS watches that I've found...

DCRainmaker is awesome!

I love my Garmin45 but I think it frequently gets cadence lock when I'm on a run. If you want accurate heart rate, I think a chest strap is going to be a better option.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.