Boston Marathon 2012 (Read 2370 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

<http://universalsports.com/video/boston-marathon-april-16-2012/>

Live Stream

I see "Competition will begin shortly".  I am not sure I believe them.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I see "Competition will begin shortly".  I am not sure I believe them.

Seemed to me they were competing for the last two hours.

Bushrat Runner

74 degrees and sunny according to intellicast...ouch...hope everybody is doing okay...

#artbydmcbride

Wesley Korir!!

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

74 degrees and sunny according to intellicast...ouch...hope everybody is doing okay...

Looks like ~80 degrees now.  Thankfully with the moved back start its a "bit" cooler than 2004.  Will...2:12 to win, ~2:18 to make the top 10...slow...ugh, don't even want to think about racing in weather like that again.

Trivia question of the day....what RA'er just finished in the top 35 men?  Certainly a great accomplishment on a day like this.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Top 'O the World!

What's Ben's handle?  2:33:53!!  Woo-Hoo!

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Feeling the growl again

What's Ben's handle?  2:33:53!!  Woo-Hoo!

bschneidr

Now this is too funny....I could not remember my exact place in 2004 so I looked it up...I ended up with the exact same place in the 2004 edition....with a 2:38. 

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Why is it sideways?

bschneidr

Now this is too funny....I could not remember my exact place in 2004 so I looked it up...I ended up with the exact same place in the 2004 edition....with a 2:38. 

That shows you how much deeper the field has gotten since 2004, as it appears race conditions were even tougher today. Winning time in 2004 was 2 minutes faster on the men's side and a full 9 minutes faster on the women's side.

MTA: I was dumb; I thought Ben was 35th American, but he was 18th. That is SICK.

Feeling the growl again

That shows you how much deeper the field has gotten since 2004, as it appears race conditions were even tougher today. Winning time in 2004 was 2 minutes faster on the men's side and a full 9 minutes faster on the women's side.

MTA: I was dumb; I thought Ben was 35th American, but he was 18th. That is SICK.

Winning time was faster but that's one data point...10th place in 2004 was 2:22 vs 2:18 today.  It was still the noon start in 2004, 85 degrees standing in the corral IIRC, the weather channel said 79 at the start today.  No idea how the humidity compared.  Let's just say both races were in the realm of decidedly miserable, it's hard to make a real comparison.  Either way, this was the silver lining I was talking about pre-race...if you change your strategy and run for the day your given, you can turn in an awesome place.  Looks like Ben executed on that pretty well to me.

Why is it sideways?

Whatever. (If I had ever run that well, I would look for an excuse to work it into the conversation too.) Smile

Feeling the growl again

Whatever.

You should edit your tyrades more quickly...or just not have them... I did catch that this said "good job spaniel, nice race!"  What is your problem??

I'm not sure how me giving Ben some accolades turned into an ego battle for you.

I hate to mention the Swamp, but Jeff was pretty much falling over himself in excitement for Ben throughout the race, Andy. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Why is it sideways?

I was just being an asshole. My bad.

Feeling the growl again

I hate to mention the Swamp, but Jeff was pretty much falling over himself in excitement for Ben throughout the race, Andy. 

He's not the only one.  It was a hell of a race.

He's not the only one.  It was a hell of a race.

For sure.

Smile 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus