I love infographics (Read 3679 times)

xor

I have never run Hartford (and I'm not likely to...ever) but several people I know have, and have mentioned that is one of the worst they have run, or, near the bottom.

Seriously?

Then they haven't run much of a cross section.  Hartford would never go on a favorites list for me, and certainly not a stunning and scenic list, but it is a fine race with friendly organizers. 

True story... thanks to United Airlines messing around, I didn't get to Hartford until 3a race morning.  I fell asleep basically ready to bag the race... but woke up 30ish minutes beforehand and felt guilty.  So I put on my running clothes, went and grabbed my packet (had to skip the t shirt pickup; oh well), and made it to the start.  That was pretty cool.  They made it easy.

(and then I ran Bay State the next day; far superior race)

((and then as a bonus.  I was registered for Long Beach on the other side of the country.  Same day as Bay State; long story why.  They apparently gave my packet to someone, because there's a result for me at Long Beach.  And yes, it is supposedly me.  And a result for Bay State that really IS me.))

#artbydmcbride

I wish the description of that Tennessee race said "gentle grades"  Sad

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

jeffdonahue

I would love to see the cost breakout on that 12 Days of Christmas infographic..

How exactly does someone price a "maid a milking" - is that her salary for the year, just for the day?  How many cows does she milk because maybe she is paid on a per bucket rate?

Also, I would assume that since the maids were a gift (or all the people in this case) that you get to keep them for at least the next year so the $25K seems a bit low - especially since technically you get 8 maids each day for 5 days - thats 40 maids a milking in total.

Just the accountant in me coming out.

I would love to see the cost breakout on that 12 Days of Christmas infographic..

How exactly does someone price a "maid a milking" - is that her salary for the year, just for the day?  How many cows does she milk because maybe she is paid on a per bucket rate?

Also, I would assume that since the maids were a gift (or all the people in this case) that you get to keep them for at least the next year so the $25K seems a bit low - especially since technically you get 8 maids each day for 5 days - thats 40 maids a milking in total.

Just the accountant in me coming out.

here's an inventory of the items to sate your inner accountant Wink

p.s. the total differ's enormously to the Infographic tho. 

jeffdonahue

here's an inventory of the items to sate your inner accountant Wink

p.s. the total differ's enormously to the Infographic tho. 

Actually they are kind of the same.  the infographic is speaking about buying only 1 of each gift.  The other link talks about getting ALL the gifts - so 12 partridges in a pear tree, 22 turtle doves, 30 geese a laying, etc...

Buying one of each according to the site linked does add up to exactly the $25,431 that is in the infographic.  The infographic just doesnt take into consideration that the gifts are cumulative each day.

364 gifts in total.

Thanks for the link

Actually they are kind of the same.  the infographic is speaking about buying only 1 of each gift.  The other link talks about getting ALL the gifts - so 12 partridges in a pear tree, 22 turtle doves, 30 geese a laying, etc...

Buying one of each according to the site linked does add up to exactly the $25,431 that is in the infographic.  The infographic just doesnt take into consideration that the gifts are cumulative each day.

364 gifts in total.

Thanks for the link

ah, cool. cheers for the explanation Smile

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                          Emil Zatopek

happy new one, folks Smile