Sliver Strand half report, eh, it was okay (Read 419 times)

Mitch & Pete's Mom

Maybe the day's events need to sink in a little more because afterall, I came in under 2 hours. Barely, but I did it. 1:58. What I learned out there today: I need to put in some more mileage. * Hitting every water table is not a horrible thing. It was 90 degrees post-race. Oh, and there was a fire nearby. A 9 year old pumping a handcycle up a hill at mile 7 makes me feel like a total wussy and then just to prove what a wussy I am, I start to cry. * It feels oddly good to be a little dissapointed in my time because I sincerely feel that the advice I've been given by Nobby and others to just keep it simple and run more will really work. I felt pretty good until the last 3 miles and I couldn't hold the pace. I know its just a matter of getting some more miles in for the next race. Thanks for indulging me. Big grin
    Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
      awwwwww! Those sound like tough conditions...GREAT job!!!! I ran that last year and it was 50 at the start! Shocked CONGRATS!!!! go do Carlsbad...better course and more favorable conditions.

Jennifer mm#1231

Mitch & Pete's Mom

awwwwww! Those sound like tough conditions...GREAT job!!!! I ran that last year and it was 50 at the start! Shocked CONGRATS!!!! go do Carlsbad...better course and more favorable conditions.
        I think that I probably will do Carlsbad. I like the flat, by the beach run. And what is up with the weather around here. Sheesh.
          I dunno...I'm in San Antonio and we had perfect conditions yesterday. Bummed for you, but YAY me for choosing this race over silver strand Tongue is it smokey there? BTW,don't be fooled...Carlsbad is NOT flat. long rolling hills, not flat. but nice. just not flat. did I mention, it's not really flat.

Jennifer mm#1231

#artbydmcbride

Bad luck hitting one of the hottest days of the year. You'll do much better at your next race. Great job under those conditions! Smile

Runners run

theyapper

On the road again...

My first half is about 4 weeks away and I'll be thrilled to break 2 hours. Great job doing that in hot conditions.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Mitch & Pete's Mom

I dunno...I'm in San Antonio and we had perfect conditions yesterday. Bummed for you, but YAY me for choosing this race over silver strand Tongue is it smokey there? BTW,don't be fooled...Carlsbad is NOT flat. long rolling hills, not flat. but nice. just not flat. did I mention, it's not really flat.
                It isn't too smokey now. Yesterday it was. Besides, sounds like you made your own smoke in San Antonio ! Congrats on that! I've done the 16 mile Train Run that uses part of the Carlsbad Course and I loved it. One of my favorite train-ing (hah, pun) runs. Plus, I believe my son would love to do the Keebler the day before so, we'll probably make it a family running weekend.