custom split time question (Read 1040 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

PS: I'm guessing that straight-line distance between two points is just as good as geodesic distance, even for widely spaced garmin trackpoints.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Ok - I've done a quick web wrap up - it's not pretty, but it works - at least for a few files that I tested on.

http://www.rudin.co.uk/splits

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I wrote a program do it last night when I was looking at it, and discovered I needed to interpolate between the points where the split happens, because in the files I was using -- gpx files exported from RA -- the distance between trackpoints can be up to 10 or 15m, and can be up to even 6sec. When you're producing quarter mile splits, 6sec imprecision is bad.

I'll have to try running one of files through your web version to see if I get the same answers.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ok - I've done a quick web wrap up - it's not pretty, but it works - at least for a few files that I tested on.

http://www.rudin.co.uk/splits

Whoops, first test result:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

I even tried changing my split distance from 402.336 to just 402, in case it blew up on the fraction, but same result.

Whoops, first test result:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

I even tried changing my split distance from 402.336 to just 402, in case it blew up on the fraction, but same result.

Hmm - on further testing I've managed to get this with some recent files too, although older files seem to work. I think something must have changed about the file format at some point. I'll investigate...

Hmm - on further testing I've managed to get this with some recent files too, although older files seem to work. I think something must have changed about the file format at some point. I'll investigate...

Ah that wasn't it, but I've made a change that means it works on the data I was getting an error for... try again and see if it still errors for you.

Wing

Joggaholic

I see the same internal server error message as well.

FWIW, my clumsy perl code is here.

eric :)

I've been meaning to add something like this and this thread nudged me enough to get going on it.  I got most of it working.  The bad news is it won't be available for a few months, as part of a major release.  I tried to add it to the interim release but the changes I made thus far for the major release made it easy for me to add this feature.

Thanks for the update Eric. For me this feature will take this site over the top. Really happy to hear that it is coming to RA. Thanks for all your hard work. 

Running my way to being a little less fat.

Wing

Joggaholic

I've been meaning to add something like this and this thread nudged me enough to get going on it.  I got most of it working.  The bad news is it won't be available for a few months, as part of a major release.  I tried to add it to the interim release but the changes I made thus far for the major release made it easy for me to add this feature.

Thanks for the good news! Smile