Bragging Thread ;) (Read 456 times)

Big grin Big grin Big grin What a great day! I just blew over 3 minutes off my PR for the 5K, with a very respectable finish (for me) of 36:04!!! The course was flat, the weather was 10 degrees cooler than it has been, I was rested, everything was perfect! Ahh, life is good! Hey, and I almost placed in my age group! LOL! I got 4th (out of 5), which is the closest to placing in age group yet for me. I was only 2 minutes behind the gal in front of me... By this time next year I may actually place (age-group) in a race!!! Wouldn't that be cool... Cool Do you have a brag you want to share? Let's hear it! Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

Well done! A 3 minute PR for the 5K is fantastic. This is not bragging--this is just a recitation of fact, and we do want to hear what you did. Congratulations again! BTW--what race was it?
      My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
        That would be the Goldsboro 5K in Goldsboro, NC. I think the race director said they were going to try to do this again in October if you're interested (nice, flat, fast course...). They were hosting a sprint-tri at the same time... Quite a feat of managerial coordination, IMO. edited to add: That's one thing I've been able to enjoy about starting out so slow (first 5K this year was 44:09!) - there's LOTS of room for improvements and lots of times to beat my PR before I plateau out! It's so much FUN beating your record... Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Princess Cancer Pants

WTG, girl! Sounds like an awesome day! I hope my next race is so good! Big grin k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown