Broad Street anyone? (Read 727 times)

When I did a search on the Broad Street website I was shocked to see there are a lot of people from my town running the race. I know four people from the list from my town. Today I took my 5 y/o for a check up and the dr. was telling me how she treated a woman with a banged up toe, the nail was hanging off and everything and she told this patient she needs to stop running for a week or so...the woman told her..."no way, I have Broad Street on Sunday, just give me something to wrap it up with". Such a runner. Who here from RA is running the Broad Street Run on Sunday?

Michelle

Scout7

OK, I was about to do this, but you beat me.... I will be there. If we want to meet after the race, I think the lost runners area is best. If we wanna meet before, that's tough. I can't think of a good spot, other than maybe in front of the hospital somewhere.....
        I"M GOING!!!!! I"M GOING!!!!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

. Today I took my 5 y/o for a check up and the dr. was telling me how she treated a woman with a banged up toe, the nail was hanging off and everything and she told this patient she needs to stop running for a week or so...the woman told her..."no way, I have Broad Street on Sunday, just give me something to wrap it up with". Such a runner.
          Who needs toenails when running a race? Tongue

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I"M GOING!!!!! I"M GOING!!!!!!
            No hacking up of lungs allowed. Smile Are you up for it? Sounds like you are with the running you've done the past two days. Will your husband be running?

Michelle

Who needs toenails when running a race? Tongue
              True, she can just use a little bit of super glue. Nasty. I think there was more to it than just a missing toe nail, but the woman refused to acknowledge any orders of not running. The dr. asked me "what is it with you people?". I just laughed.

Michelle

Dh is the one hacking up lungs now. I'm definetly feeling MUCH better! Just gotta get rid of the snot (yes TMI). Unless we find someone to watch the kids on Sunday in Philly, I'll be running without him.

I'm heading down to Hell Town tomorrow with some friends to pick up our race day packets and then have lunch. I'll be nervous just doing that, on Sunday I ought to be a huge bundle of nerves. Philly and I don't get along.

Michelle

True, she can just use a little bit of super glue. Nasty. I think there was more to it than just a missing toe nail, but the woman refused to acknowledge any orders of not running. The dr. asked me "what is it with you people?". I just laughed.
                    Crap I'd consider super glue. As it is my left foot will be taped up with medical tape. Gotta love the sticky residue it leaves after taking the tape off Angry

I'm heading down to Hell Town tomorrow with some friends to pick up our race day packets and then have lunch. I'll be nervous just doing that, on Sunday I ought to be a huge bundle of nerves. Philly and I don't get along.
                      Well don't have too much fun tomorrow. I'm paying the extra 10 to register on Sunday. Wonder what time I should show up?

Scout7

Why's your foot wrapped up? OK, so, we're thinking of places before the race. Joe mentioned the track, I'm trying to remember if there's a marquee or something outside the hospital at the start. Any thoughts?
                          Well don't have too much fun tomorrow. I'm paying the extra 10 to register on Sunday. Wonder what time I should show up?
                          I don't even know what time we'll be heading down. I'll find out more tomorrow. I'll post my plans then. The people I'm going with have run this before. I'm the newbie of the group. I'm always the newbie. Kind of like being the youngest one in the class. Big grin

Michelle

Why's your foot wrapped up? OK, so, we're thinking of places before the race. Joe mentioned the track, I'm trying to remember if there's a marquee or something outside the hospital at the start. Any thoughts?
                            I got a blister from too much walking in heals (with swollen feet due to water retention) in Niagara. Turned into a full fledged blood blister (3 inch long 2 inch wide) during my half marathon last Sunday. Definetly don't want a repeat of last Sunday. As for this Sunday. My first Broad Street run!

Scout7

Ahhhh....gotcha. Had forgotten about that. Last year was my first. You never forget your first.....Wait....Never mind. Anyway....Meeting.
                                Once I find out more about Sunday's plans I'll check back here to see when and if anyone is meeting. I'm up for that, but of course someone has to have a camera.

Michelle