Last 10 posts... (Read 862 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

There's a feature on some forums that takes you to the last 10 messages that have been posted. It's more convenient than going through each forum category to see the new messages. Just a suggestion.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

eric :)

There's a feature on some forums that takes you to the last 10 messages that have been posted. It's more convenient than going through each forum category to see the new messages. Just a suggestion.
      That is quite true Russ, and it's not hard to do either. The only trouble is, I have no idea where to put it Tongue Suggestions?

Imminent Catastrophe

The ones I've seen were at the bottom of the main forum page. That would be at the bottom of the http://www.runningahead.com/forums page. Thanks again for all your work, Eric!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I was just thinking it would be nice to have a *view new posts* feature along the top after the Find Routes link. yanno. in your spare time. Wink

Jennifer mm#1231

Jeffrey

I like this idea. Click a link that brings up "10 most recent posts" of the forums. (you could include both Forum Types: Administration, All About Running). Locate it at the bottom of the Forums page like PerfesserR said. It could be great to let the user set the preferences on the number of recent posts that show up ... 10, 20, etc. Would it be useful for User Groups too?
            eric :)

Oooh, a thought just crept into my head. Big grin On the main forums page, the right side is blank. I can definitely cram them there. I can also compact the forums a little to make more room. Do you care if I remove the threads or posts count?
                I wouldn't care! That would be a great mod.
                Jeffrey

My opinions: right side. You're right, the right side is blank. The blue parts of your interface auto-resize to the width of the window whereas the white part doesn't. Could you use the additional space to the right of the "Posts" column - by widening the white column? This way you may not have to delete the threads/post data. threads/posts count. Looking around at other forums I see that "Topics" and "Posts" are common defaults. I don't look at this information on your interface, but, that's just me. compact the forums. I'd rather not see the main page grow vertically; this is to avoid scrolling down to see the Forum names. Thanks Eric! Smile
                  Oooh, a thought just crept into my head. Big grin On the main forums page, the right side is blank. I can definitely cram them there. I can also compact the forums a little to make more room. Do you care if I remove the threads or posts count?