How to import history into RunningAhead (Read 234 times)

Harbourboy

Hi. Sorry if this is an easy question but I've looked through several pages of posts and the guidance on the site and I still can't figure out whether it's possible to do a bulk upload of my historical information into RunningAhead.

My several years of history are currently sitting in:

Garmin Training Centre

Garmin Connect

Smashrun

Strava

An Excel training log

can someone please let me know if there is a way of bulk uploading this, rather than one entry at a time?

thanks

runmichigan

Go to Training Log -> Tools -> Importing Training Data to RunningAhead

Of course you have to export them from the other services (GarminConnect, Strava, etc) to your computer first before they can be imported.  Some of them will only export one at a time.  Once you have the files, you should create a zip archive for each source.  Eric's importers will break the zip file into individual files for you.

Harbourboy

If I understand you correctly, does this mean I would need to individually export over 1,000 files in order to import the last three years data?

Wing

Joggaholic

Go to Training Log -> Tools -> Importing Training Data to RunningAhead

Of course you have to export them from the other services (GarminConnect, Strava, etc) to your computer first before they can be imported.  Some of them will only export one at a time.  Once you have the files, you should create a zip archive for each source.  Eric's importers will break the zip file into individual files for you.

For import you can select multiple files now instead of one at a time Smile

eric :)

Hi Harbourboy,

It depends on where your data is.  If all your workouts are in Garmin Training Center, then all you need to do is export the workouts as a TCX file and import it into RA.  If your data is scattered across multiple services, then it depends on whether these services allow you to export your data in bulk.

eric Smile

tomatolover

Hi. Sorry if this is an easy question but I've looked through several pages of posts and the guidance on the site and I still can't figure out whether it's possible to do a bulk upload of my historical information into RunningAhead.

My several years of history are currently sitting in:

Garmin Training Centre

Garmin Connect

Smashrun

Strava

An Excel training log

can someone please let me know if there is a way of bulk uploading this, rather than one entry at a time?

thanks

Before the garmin connect/RA connection, i was using https://tapiriik.com to sync my stuff (i was able to sync 4 months worth without major difficulty). Don't know if that helps, but it might.

Harbourboy

Brilliant.  Thanks for the help.  That seemed to work pretty well, although initially it didn't look like anything was happening.  I guess it took a while to wor through that file of 5 years worth of data.

tomatolover

Glad it worked!  It's a funky little site but gets the job done when no other will

Cfr05t

So I think I accidentially uploaded all my data twice... Is there a way to delete it and reload?