What Hath God Wrought? (Read 361 times)

Better I Leave

...I just bought my first pair of insulated running tights for "sub freezing" running (we get snow up here in the Sierra).

I'M A FREAKIN LIFTER FERCRISSAKES!!!!

I'm not supposed to like running!!!

<pause>

But I do....Color me confused.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I am a lifter who also likes to run.

just don't let these runners talk you into getting too thin.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Better I Leave

I am a lifter who also likes to run.

just don't let these runners talk you into getting too thin.

Not likely to happen my friend. My wife likes her men "built" and I plan on staying that way. I am digging on the running though, but as soon as my doc gives me the "green light" to lift again (complete bicep tear and subsequent surgery to repair), I'll be back at it. Smile

hahahahhaha  this is funny.

as a skinny runner, I LOVE wearing tights

---------

hahahahhaha  this is funny.

as a skinny runner, I LOVE wearing tights

I hate wearing tights. Best thing about this mornings run in the rain, it was warm enough to wear shorts instead of tights.

Get off my porch

PGD, was that a bicep tendon tear or a bicep tear? If it was bicep, how the heck did you do that? As for bicep tendon, I know how you did that.

Better I Leave

Tendon tear/separation...Sucker just "popped" right off and "curled up" my arm. By the time I had the surgery (4 days after the injury) my entire arm was colored dark blue and purple.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

*rewinds life*

*deletes PineGroveDave's last post from mind*

*sighs with relief*

You can run and be "built."  Maybe not "Ahnold-In-His-Prime" built, but I've seen pretty muscular dudes up front in races.

One in particular I remember, I was waiting at the exchange in a relay race, and this fellow comes in, shirtless, I kid you not, looked ready-made for WWE promos.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people