Shorts vs tights (Read 1047 times)

As long as the wind is not blowing I run in shorts down to around 31 degrees. I will wear layers on top but even then they are light layers. If the wind is up then I will wear long pants, but not tights. In part due to the weather in this area (Atlanta) rarely being cold enought for them and I still have personal qualms about men wearing tights (but to each their own. Smile).
    USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010
    chrisbrew

Ah, let's see....today it was 80 deg when I ran so the decision was shirt or no shirt. (Started with shirt but had to take it off half way through, just too warm!) My cutoff is 50 deg, then it's warmups. Below 40, just stay in bed and wait til it warms up again. - Chris in Florida

geekfarm@centurytel.net

Up here in the Pacific Northwest it's alot about the moister in the air. I will break out the tights at about 42 degrees. Gloves and a thermal hat at around 36 degrees. I always feel overdressed when I leave the house but am thankful once I hit the trail.