Another CR refugee... seeking mar. trainers thread (Read 459 times)

I miss that Marathon Trainers' thread from CR. Before I even consider starting one on my own (d'rather not), does anyone know which refugee camp Runinlaw went to? This looks like a nice place to settle... thanks, RA folks.

Imminent Catastrophe

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dave

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Thanks for the links. I really appreciate it. That forum isn't quite what the CR thread was, nor is the forum at the MMM group. What we had on CR was list of everyone's upcoming marathons that was copied over each week (with updates) to a new weekly thread, and under the list the participants would "reply" with a relatively concise summary of their weekly training. It was easy and fast (hey, we're busy people) to scan what everyone was doing, and a great motivator for those days when I felt like cutting a run short by a mile or two. Less chat, more numbers. Example of new thread, to be started each week by the good soul who decides to take it on (oh Runinlaw, where art thou?): date name of marathon list of usernames who are signed up for that race next date & race, more names (this list of dates and races would continue in chronological order) New participants were always asked to post goal races in caps. ************* Sample reply would be something like: "I had a pretty good week. Knee is holding up well... Mon 8 miles Tues 10 miles w/ 4 @ tempo Weds 5 miles Thurs 7 with hill rpts Fri 8 miles Sat off Sun 18 miles"
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Go join one of those groups, go to the forum and start such a thread. Big grin