How cozy is your house? (Read 607 times)

Another Passion

My friend's bf likes the therm set at 78! Surprised
    So your friend's bf is truly a "hottie". Roll eyes

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

So your friend's bf is truly a "hottie". Roll eyes
      Cute. Big grin

Michelle

I would like the house at about 72 all the time (I am from the south and 60 is cold to me) but my wife complains that our 4 month old daughter will get too cold. So I compromise and set it at 74-75 all the time.
        2009 Goals...:
        -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon
          They are training to be Eskimos Wink
          Or to live in Israel. Or other parts of the world outside the US. Seriously, heating here is so different! If you have central heating (only in newer buildings), the radiators are controlled by the housing association. They usually come on for a few hours in the evenings. My place is better than most and they are on from 6-10 at night and actually make the place warm. Many places are closer to 6-8 and do not make the place at all warm. But instead of fighting with your spouse or parents or kids, you fight with your homeowners association! And buy electric heaters.

this space for rent

We've got a programmable, but it turned out to be easier to just leave it at 68 all the time. The house usually heats up to the low 70s during the day, so heat only comes on late at night and in the wee hours. I grew up w/ a 60-ish degree house, but have been getting progressively more wimpy with each passing year. My bf's house is at 60 right now and I ice over pretty quickly there. Pathetic! In the summer, it's a struggle. Mom and I are both pretty warm blooded, but it's insanely expensive to run a/c, so we have to choke our way through with the a/c set at 77-79. It's brutal, but a lot better than the 100s outside Smile