tights and leggings for male runner (Read 705 times)

I wear tights, I have a penis, get over it.

How high is it?  My vertical jump isn't what it used to be.

I like tights in the colder weather.  Started using them in the early 80s, have two pairs these days.  Regular running pants are baggy enough that I'm always worried about catching my (size-12) foot on the pant-leg and tripping myself.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

bhearn

The only thing I won't wear while running is a thong or speedos.

Chicken.

mikeymike

I learned the difference btw tights and leggings the other day. I went in to wake my two youngest for school while still dressed from the morning's run. My 7 y.o. says, "You're wearing leggings, dad."

When I said they were running rights she corrected me. "If they covered your feet they'd be tights. Those are leggings."

Okay then.

Runners run

Why is it sideways?

When I said they were running rights she corrected me. "If they covered your feet they'd be tights. Those are leggings."

Okay then.

Awesome.

By the way, running rights are some of the my favorite running cloths.

mikeymike

running cloths.

Hey now. TanyaS gets to heckle me for life--that's how it works--but this is just unfair.

Runners run

Trailglover63

+1

I'm running - if you can see "details" put down the binoculars. Only non-runners should get hung up on how manly you look. The only thing I won't wear while running is a thong or speedos.

+1

I don't understand guys running who worry or get upset over what other guy runners are wearing to keep them warm, short of actual twig and berries exposure. Put down the fashion police badge and outrage and pick up the pace... If seeing a guy running in tights upsets someone, how do they manage to watch the "manly" game of football (they wear tights!!!!) without going into a frenzy?

Disclaimer: I myself do not wear tights. Not because of some sexual insecurity, but because at 50 I don't have the legs to pull it off. If i had the legs of Usain Bolt I would wear tights everywhere I went!!!!

Latent Runner

Disclaimer: I myself do not wear tights. Not because of some sexual insecurity, but because at 50 I don't have the legs to pull it off. If i had the legs of Usain Bolt I would wear tights everywhere I went!!!!

When I was in the Marine Corps back in the 1970s we used to say, "If you got it, flaunt it, if you don't got it, flaunt it anyway!"  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                • 2-mile: 13:49
                • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                • 5-Mile: 37:24
                • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
                Joann Y

joescott

Wow.  That article is indeed almost enough to convince me want to stop wearing tights for running.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Joann Y

Wow.  That article is indeed almost enough to convince me want to stop wearing tights for running.

Or to start running in high-tops and a tank. We could get a The Men of Running Ahead calendar going.

In most things, I say wear what you want, what do I care?

But tights on men should only be solid dark colors.  OK, camouflage is probably fine.  But definitely not the US flag and double definitely not red.  Reminds me of that awful cycling team picture that went around...

Someone stole my Sporthills at a race, great stuff. no wonder you are so fast!

I've always been a big fan of Sporthills.  Tapered fit, don't catch the wind as much and very sturdy.  The only time I wear tights is cold weather racing.

#artbydmcbride

Or to start running in high-tops and a tank. We could get a The Men of Running Ahead calendar going.

This is a good idea!    We could even have a Men in white tights edition. 

Runners run

I was doing ok until they got to the polka-dot ones! 

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

bhearn

Someone stole my Sporthills at a race, great stuff. no wonder you are so fast!

I had a nice pair of Sporthills, but I destroyed them. Got up in my hotel room one race morning... forgot to pack shorts. Oops. Borrowed some scissors from the front desk and made my own.