I hate it when that happens... (Read 484 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Ten minutes before the start of the Chickamauga 10-miler this morning I noticed a very serious-looking runner wearing a white marathon bib, the only one among the many blue 10-miler bibs. I asked her, "What time does the marathon start?" "8:00" she said. "Umm, the 10-miler starts at 8:00, but I'm pretty sure the marathon started at 7:30" (20 minutes ago). Panicked look Surprised, and she's out the door. What a way to start a race! At least they have chip timing. BTW the Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon/10-miler is a really scenic, fast, and well-organized race with the best post-race food you will ever find. Highly recommended, but get there on time!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oops! Gah, that would suck! I hope she didn't kill herself trying to catch up with the back of the pack. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Chicka is a GREAT marathon. And I agree, the food is awesome. It was an inspiration for a race of a different monkey. PerfesserR, why did you just do the 10 miler?

Imminent Catastrophe

PerfesserR, why did you just do the 10 miler?
          I had to save some energy to outrun the monkeys next week! Tongue But seriously folks...I thought a good tempo run would do me more good than a long run, a week before Monkey. It went well, my last mile in 6:58 and I don't think I've run a sub-7 mile since college. It just about killed me. Then again, I was only 8th in the "midlife crisis" age group, so nothing to brag about. MTA: Did I double-post this message? D'oh!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

MTA: Did I double-post this message? D'oh!
            Yeah, but it'll be interesting to see which winds up being the better thread. Smile

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Looks like neither