Garmin Manufacturing Problem? (Read 674 times)

Has anyone else had this issue with their Garmin Forerunner? I have had my Garmin 205 since December, no problems at all, love it! Here's the issue... I purchased my wife a Garmin 205 in May and 2 weeks later it literally flipped its lid. The entire top of the watch separated from the band and would not go back on. There was not any glue residue around the edge so I guess it's a press fit but no matter how hard I pressed it would not snap back together. Solution to this issue was to take it back to REI and they replaced it no problem. Fast forward to today, after our run this morning we were head to the grocery store and walking through the parking lot her Garmin again blows the top off the band. Again no glue of any kind noticed and again it will not snap back together. We will be paying a visit to REI this afternoon for hopefully another replacement. WTF! No Anyone else had this problem, is this just a bad batch of Forerunner 205s from Garmin?

an amazing likeness

Wait...! Shocked Cheffy shops at a grocery store. I'm just crushed. I always pictured 5-star cuisine full-time in the Cheffy / CheffysHub household. Oh, and I've the the same Forerunner since April 2006 and it has been dropped, kicked, fallen on, used twice most days -- no problems other than the rubber covers are wearing off the power and mode buttons. I've never heard a report of the two halves falling apart, here or over on the motionbased.com forums.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

is this just a bad batch of Forerunner 205s from Garmin?
        Probably. I haven't heard of this problem before, and I've been monitoring Garmin chat since I first bought my 305 in May 2006.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Agreed. Probably a bad batch.
            Wait...! Shocked Cheffy shops at a grocery store. I'm just crushed. I always pictured 5-star cuisine full-time in the Cheffy / CheffysHub household. Oh, and I've the the same Forerunner since April 2006 and it has been dropped, kicked, fallen on, used twice most days -- no problems other than the rubber covers are wearing off the power and mode buttons. I've never heard a report of the two halves falling apart, here or over on the motionbased.com forums.
            HA! even my 5 star cuisine starts at the grocery store for staples!!! Wink Milk, Wine, etc......

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Once again REI proves they are one of the best....they replaced Cheffy's Garmin with no problem at all. Hopefully this one will stay in one piece. Smile