The proof is in the...ugh...thigh.... (Read 1203 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just had DH feel my quads and he said "dayum, there's not much padding, there." My jeans are no looser (well, they are in the waist, but not the butt and thighs) and I still have massive, sprinter-style legs, but they are certainly not nearly as soft as they were a month or two ago. I'd like to say it's from running, but I know it's thanks to this DVD: I've been consistently trying to do it 1-3x/week for about the past month. I've also done her Kick Max and the kickboxing segment (from Kick Punch Crunch) of her Timesaver DVD several times since the new year. It's paying off. So even after the weather improves I plan to stick with her strength-training workouts at least 2x/week. I just purchased her Supersets/Push Pull DVD (2 full workouts) used on eBay for about half price. Oh, and my arms are starting to get visible muscle def., too, which rocks! Now I just need to lose my last 10-15#s of bodyfat so that I can really show off some "guns" (pea-shooters, LOL) this Summer! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wall sits. That is where its at!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wall sits are a walk in the park compared to that little maneuver she's doing on the cover of that DVD. Owie. k

~ Sarah Kay

When I started running, I noticed some of my pants were much tighter in the thighs, though the waste was the same. (My wt has basically been stable - maybe I picked up a few pounds this year, but it seems to depend on which scale I use.) So just running can do it. Combine it with something crazy like power cleans in that video and there you go.
            Cool! I will have to check out that video. My legs clearly have the look of someone who does not know how to work all of the muscles. I don't go to the gym (too much money, never the time to go on a regular basis) and as for equipment I own a weight bench and a treadmill. I don't use the weight bench (my sons have their weights organized and I don't want to change it all the time). I rely on the Internet for ideas but I think it's time for a video so I can watch and learn and then do and learn. Are there enough options of thingsto do in the video without having to own a whole gym?? I do have some small weights that the boys don't touch, so at least I'll have those to use when needed. I spoke to someone I know who is a personal trainer and was considering going that route but then we talked money and I realized that I just couldn't justify spending that money that way. A friend of mine has a PT and every now and then she'll share some of the workout strategies with me, which is great. Any opinions on personal trainers??

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Michelle, what you would need for that video is a barbell with up to 30-40#s of plates, handweights (I'm currently using everything from 8-15), medium resistance band, and a step (she uses this for reverse push-ups, as a bench for bench-presses and other weight maneuvers on one's back, for some leg-work with the band, as well as a seat for some seated work). She uses these items in a LOT of her workouts, so I already had everything but the band when I bought it. I'm getting close to needing a 20# pair of handweights, too. You could do it with just handweights and no barbell, but I think it would be more difficult, since you'd have to be concentrating more on how you're holding the weights and your form might suffer and leave you open to injury. k

~ Sarah Kay