Molesworth Relay (Read 414 times)

First thing tomorrow morning OH and I head down to South Island to run the Molesworth Relay as part of a 4 person team. Its across 84km of completely deserted (unless you count sheep) pristine NZ countryside. I've put the map on RA as a course. If you get a minute take a look on satellite view. You'll see what I mean! See you all in a few days (assuming I dont get lost in there!)
      I like that each segment has one equal hill. You might not want to run the last leg, it looks like you have to jump off a cliff or something. Have fun!

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Another Passion

Good luck Mandy and team! The map looks daunting and, yes, the last leg looks like you'll need a brake job afterward! Shocked

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

thank you! i ran leg 3 and had a great run. i was 26th out of 53 on the leg and 4th lady out of 17. overall the team did really well, 7th in the mixed category. you are so right about that last leg - it was an incredible drop in the last 5km. i was very glad not to be doing that one!