Sports bras vs binding (Read 401 times)

Dave

Kalsarikännit

Sorry to scare everyone. That's good news. I don't know where I just read that they were the latest acquisition after Elysian.

In other news, kale has bought out pop-tarts, and Eric Smileyface has sold RA to Runners World.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sorry to scare everyone. That's good news. I don't know where I just read that they were the latest acquisition after Elysian.

Ha, when you first posted that I thought "weird, I hadn't heard that and I live ~30 min. from Founders," but you're in the industry, so it made sense that you'd be in the know before I would.  Now I'm thinking there's another West MI brewery that was recently bought out by a bigger brewery.  Perrin was bought by Oskar Blues...but I don't think that's the one I'm thinking of, either, since that's not like Miller-Coors or InBev buying anyone.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Eric Smileyface has sold RA to Runners World.

That's not even funny.

Dave

Village people

In other faux news, kale has bought out pop-tarts, and Eric Smileyface has sold RA to Runners World.

Smile

another vote for the Maia MC. It also has a nice variety of sizes. I need a band size of 30 and that isn't easy to find with a larger cup size.

keeponrunning

So, back on topic....

I have had little luck with MC.  I used to wear the Juno, but I find they stretch after 6 months and start chaffing me.  The Maia I have one of, but it's not supportive enough for me for running, only hockey.

The brand I have had luck with is Anita.  I haven't found a sports store that carries them, but specialty brassiere stores do.  They seem to last (though I've been using them less than a year so longevity is tba) and are quite comfortable.  Also, they actually have some fun colours at the larger sizes (i'm a 34DD/E).  I have a camouflage one I wear without a top in the summer 

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

just a simple cat

posted: 11/19/2015 at 12:32 PM

Quote from WrigleyGirl on 11/19/2015 at 1:50 AM:

Well, it really can't top our thread about the lingerie pillow-fight two weeks ago.

You saw that, right?

That was epic! Especially with all the pictures. Well....i'm sure it was epic, don't know how i coulda missed something like that. I can only imagine a few scantily clad women dressed like santas lil' helpers frolicking around, especially with a rack of DD's

emmbee

queen of headlamps

I'm in a Shock Absorber, where I take a 32G.  They're great, and I've had them about 4-5 years. Size up a cup size from your usual bra size.  Enell is ugly, but you won't. move.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

My biggest complaint about high activity sports bras for women is that they all (except MC) seem to have padding in them. WTF?

I did recently get a Fiona from MC. Yes, the hooks in the back are a huge pain, but once that baby is on, it is so comfortable! I am set to get a 2nd one later this week.

And no, I am not well-endowed.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

randy13

spam
                        NHLA

Moveing Comfort.  DD & DW use them.

I just got an Enell. It is everything they say it is. From now on it's the only sports bra I'll be buying. The only drawback is that the fabric is kind of heavy. Also it's ugly. But it works!!!

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Hi Morgana,

Full disclosure:  I don't have big boobs, BUT I used to work in a specialty running store.  Our best brand of sports bras (re: the ones all the ladies loved) were Moving Comfort.  I have a few smaller size ones and they have held up well in the wash.  

Legit. I also have smaller lady bags, but I still have MC bras from circa 2005-2009. Also, way to raise a thread from the dead.

When I was breast feeding, I wish I'd thought of binding, there was NOTHING that could be done.