Torn Meniscus (Read 677 times)

Pain is still present in the backside of the knee with each stride.... Results from the today's Ortho appointment is a possible torn meniscus. Sad MRI is scheduled for next week to confirm this. Has anyone experienced this? How much 'downtime' am I looking at...? I am hearing the route is a scope to fix it.
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Scope to fix it. Correct.

Sweaty

Sad hi. If you are already feeling a lot of pain, to run, to get up in walking, climbing stair , etc., believe me, maybe you can´t avoid the operation, but don´t worry no big deal. At least in my personal experience. I was operated 5 years ago my 2 knees (meniscus and keecap) and believe me the recovery is quite fast and is a little painful, but if therapies are quite painful, my recommendation meets 100% of the recommendations and medical insurance that at three months you are running again. Tongue
        I don´r suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single moment. L.L

Dog-Love

I ran for a couple of months with a torn meniscus, got the MRI diagnosis and had the arthroscopic surgery as soon as I could. After 6 weeks I started very slowly with short runs but was able to run a marathon 7 months later. My knee feels great now! Go get the doctor to get the process of healing started!
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            I ran for a couple of months with a torn meniscus, got the MRI diagnosis and had the arthroscopic surgery as soon as I could. After 6 weeks I started very slowly with short runs but was able to run a marathon 7 months later. My knee feels great now! Go get the doctor to get the process of healing started!
            I have been trying to run through it, but I can only get to one miles or so before the pain comes on. Thanks for sharing, I should have the surgery within 3 weeks or so....

Dog-Love

I have a great doc and he told me that sometimes my run were OK before surgery because the meniscus flap would stay put. But when the torn edge forms a flap it can be really painful. The surgery was fast and I think the best thing you can do for recovery is take the drugs and stay put for at least 2 days before you start getting around and pretending you can do anything. I was off crutches in less than a week.
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)