Todays Gilligan's Island Run Story (Read 178 times)

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

I headed out on what should have been a simple eight mile run today. Ran to the half way point only to find the park that was supposed to be my route home - closed. Something about a water main break. So I headed back and, not wanting to retrace the same route, headed home via the only other option. Due to all the hills, it ended up being a grueling, hilly 11 mile run. Yes, I had to walk part of the way.

Got lost in Newport Beach once too while on vacation and couldn't find my hotel. That got scary, running and running and looking for landmarks,

onefatchick

At least you didn't have to hand-fish your car keys out of a port-a-potty at a park like I had to today.   Felt like a cold drowned rat after my 12 mile run in the cold windy rain and after fetching my keys out of the cesspool felt like a cold drowned sewer rat.  I don't cry often but today brought me to tears.

Village people

So much for your three hour tour.

Glad you found your way back.

Hoban-Jay

At least you didn't have to hand-fish your car keys out of a port-a-potty at a park like I had to today.   Felt like a cold drowned rat after my 12 mile run in the cold windy rain and after fetching my keys out of the cesspool felt like a cold drowned sewer rat.  I don't cry often but today brought me to tears.

I would have had to leave the car...and buy another one.  Or just run everywhere!

Poor you!! Hope you got a warm bath and some tea or beer or whatever beverage helps in this situation :/

This is one of my secret major worries, dropping something in one of those things (phone, keys...) so I can just imagine how you must have felt.

@JerryBZA I think we've all been there...both on the route unexpectedly closed thing, and on the poor judgement of an alternate route. I've definitely had a planned 15km run turn into 15 miles for similar reasons!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

When does your sitcom air? There's material for three episodes here already. Smile

Hadda a similar thing happen to me once, on a hike though. A 10 mile loop turned into an 18 mile round trip, because of some bees that had a nest in the ground.

spinach

I ran a race a couple weeks ago like this.  It was supposed to be a 10k and there were supposed to be signs and volunteers at each corner but the ground was frozen and no snow on the ground so they could get one sign to stay up and there were no volunteer at that corner, so I missed that and ended up doing an 11 mile run after stopping twice at gas stations asking for directions back.

SubDood

Hadda a similar thing happen to me once, on a hike though. A 10 mile loop turned into an 18 mile round trip, because of some bees that had a nest in the ground.

I fully expected a story that involved women named MaryAnne and/or Ginger.

I like where you're going with that thought. But, I gotta be cool with the outrageous, but true stories. I'm trying to be a lil' less dirty, primarily because there a few kids posting on here. I'd hate for one of'em to get into trouble because of me.

I reached down to check the key pocket on my shorts after a few miles once, and discovered that my car key wasn't there. I turned around and started retracing my route, scanning the ground for the key. My run ended up longer than I had planned, and still no car key. Finally I decided to run back to the park where the car was, in hopes of finding someone who would let me use their cell phone to call home. When I made it back to the car, I sat on the curb and felt something strange. The car key had slipped out of the pocket and into the liner of my shorts!

seeEricaRun

Awesome

This is exactly why my husband won't run with me anymore unless I have a previously mapped route.