A Dilemma with my 410 and Garmin Connect (Read 79 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got a dilemma ya'll, last night I ran my 8 miles and afterwards I looked on my garmin history and it said 1:19:40, but when I uploaded it to Garmin connect the damn thing changed to 1:25:52 with an average pace of 10:44....... my slowest mile lats night was 10:42 while everything else was close to 10 min except for 3.,

Mile 1 - 10:10

Mile 2 - 9:56

Mile 3 - 10:19

Mile 4 - 10:29

Mile 5 - 10:42

Mile 6 - 10:22

Mile 7 - 9:08

Mile 8 - 8:35

How the hell does that add up to 1:25:52 and a 10:44 min/mile pace? I remember stopping it immediately after my feet stopped, and resetting/saving the workout and as I started walking I lit it up and read it to log it on my Cardio Trainer (phone app) so I don't understand why my watch says 1:19:40 but connect says 1:25:52 

The good news is that was probably my last night running with the 410, my 610 came in last night and even though it will definitely take some getting used to.... I think I'll enjoy it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

an amazing likeness

Your workout in your RA log is 1:19:40, but has no splits, so that means you probably hand entered it here?

Anyway, in Garmin Connect there are times for: Time, Moving Time, Elapsed Time.  Take a look at the difference between time and moving time -- does that have your extra 6:12 in it?  If so, sounds like the timer was running after you stopped.

Import the run here and see if you get the 1:19:40 or the 1:25:52 -- RA will accurately reflect elapsed time from pressing start to pressing stop.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I think GC has messed something up as part of their upgrade.  In the splits it is showing 'moving time' to be greater than 'time'. I don't think that's the way it's supposed to work.

Here's a thread from one of their forums...

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?73706-Garmin-connect-no-longer-calculating-time-correctly-if-start-stop-watch&highlight=moving+time

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Last night as soon as I had hit 8 miles I stopped the watch, and then did the reset/save deal, then I went to history and logged that time on my cardio trainer (phone app) which read 1:19:40. I did have to make a pit stop before mile 6, thought I was going into the woods by the entrance/trailhead but instead I stumbled through thorns and stuff then I had to find the trail to get out while avoiding the thorns. That would explain the 6 minute difference between the Time 1:19:40 and the Elapsed time 1:25:45, but the Moving time is only 7 seconds under the Elapsed time.

I would try import to here but I am not wearing that watch now, I am wearing my new 610 and am going to try it out on tomorrow's 6 miler.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

an amazing likeness

I would try import to here but I am not wearing that watch now, I am wearing my new 610 and am going to try it out on tomorrow's 6 miler.

Don't need the device at hand, open the activity in G-Connect and then export it as GPX. (export button on menu bar) Import the GPX here and let's see it.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

K, I shall attempt it.

Don't need the device at hand, open the activity in G-Connect and then export it as GPX. (export button on menu bar) Import the GPX here and let's see it.

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

PRs

an amazing likeness

Looks like you may have deleted the workout? The url isn't pointing to an available workout...but no matter.

As Edwards.ag pointed out, the Garmin Connect support forums are full of people reporting the same type of issues as of early Feb. From the reports over there, sounds like GConnect is incorrectly processing the device data file and including pause time in the workout time for some data sets.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's still on there, other said the same thing though... but ever ytime I click on the link it takes me right to it.

PRs

Docket_Rocket

It's still on there, other said the same thing though... but ever ytime I click on the link it takes me right to it.

Probably because you have the rights to it but we don't get access to it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page