The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

Durrr

Indeed, Monday is the day I usually run very early (like 5:15 a.m.), so going from watching the Walking Dead at 9 p.m. on Sunday night to running through the deep pre-dawn dark several hours later can be unnerving. Every time the wind makes a dead, dry leaf go scraping across the street behind me, it sounds the raspy breath of a Walker ...

OMG, I was watching LOVE ACTUALLY last night.,  Now I know where I know him from!!!!!

- Anya

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, that would have been cool.  I don't get the budget angle.  Isn't this like the most-watched show on AMC EVER?!  The point about that scene helping introduce existing characters to new viewers is a good one.  Seems it would have been well worth increasing the viewership and money made from the show exponentially.

I wouldn't say that season 2 has been bad...but it's no season 1.  Had the seasons been swapped I am pretty certain I would have become bored and stopped watching.  I hope getting off the farm helps move things along a little quicker.  They have lots of potential plot-lines to work with, now.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

AMC sounds like a network that is succeeding in spite of itself.  

There were all sorts of stories last year that they wanted Matthew Weiner to cut some secondary characters from Mad Men for budgetary reasons.  It all got ironed out with no damage, but Weiner almost left and took the show with him, and although Mad Men is not a ratings juggernaut, it's the most critically acclaimed show of the last decade and it's the show that put AMC on the map (and it's coming back March 25th!)

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I really wish we'd started watching Mad Men from the start.  I always find out about great shows after they're at least halfway through a season, then never want to start watching mid-way through.  I think The X-Files is the only show I started watching well after the premiere (IIRC there had been about a half-dozen episodes aired before I started).  Dear gawd, I miss that show.  I'm glad they threw a big budget at that, too.  Some of the effects and makeup on that show are STILL as impressive now as they were when the episodes first aired.  One of these days we might have to purchase the entire series on DVD (we have a few episodes on VHS, but no longer have a working VCR).  DS will be 11 in a few weeks and I think TXF would be right up his alley.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

A snack to whet one's Mad Man appetite

The Carousel

Don Draper's Guide to Picking Up Women

ZZ, the First 4 seasons are on Netflix streaming.  54(?) episodes.  Very easy to completely catch up by March 25th.

Netflix streaming on the iPhone is a beautiful thing. It's the modern day equivalent of reading a book on the can.  That's how I caught up on Walking Dead (though with only six episodes for season 1, it didn't take long -- just a few "sittings").

RunsForCake

Mad Men is hands down my most favorite show on TV.  I think there was a Mad Men thread here at one time and I stated I wanted to have Don Draper's babies.  I still do.  Blush

I'm pissed they made us wait so long for the next season.  What is it now?  March that it is supposed to start?

Zoom-Zoom, not sure if you have Netflix but I'm pretty sure they have all the seasons streaming.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

As much as I would like a Netflix acct., somebody in my house cannot be swayed. Roll eyes That same somebody wanted to ditch cable altogether.  Only thing that saved it was the 2 week delay between TWD episodes airing and showing up online.  I didn't want to be 2 weeks behind on discussions OR risk spoilers.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Netflix is $7.99 a month.

Follow the advice of the red one...

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Netflix is $7.99 a month.

Follow the advice of the red one...

MTA: You could easily catch up on Mad Men during Netflix's one month free trial.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, I love that movie!! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

RunsForCake

As much as I would like a Netflix acct., somebody in my house cannot be swayed. Roll eyes That same somebody wanted to ditch cable altogether.  Only thing that saved it was the 2 week delay between TWD episodes airing and showing up online.  I didn't want to be 2 weeks behind on discussions OR risk spoilers.

Ditch cable?  I get twitchy just thinking about that. 

Has your husband heard the phrases "happy wife, happy life?" Or "if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy?"

I will pray to the tv gods that you never have to get rid of cable. 

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ditch cable?  I get twitchy just thinking about that. 

If not for sports, I could almost ditch cable.  Almost.

Ironically, it's streaming things like Netflix and Hulu that are often used as justification by cable ditchers because of the lower cost and a la carte-ability.  

Veering back on topic, when does Walking Dead start back up?

RunsForCake

If not for sports, I could almost ditch cable.  Almost.

LOL!  NFL RedZone is my husband's lifeline.