Humbled and Inspired... (Read 1308 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

'nother Running with the Stars story - I used to live in Austin, TX in the mid 90's. Lived in Westlake Hills which is a kind of uppercrust area of Austin. I was out running one Sunday morning through the neighborhood and came up on this guy running with two Doberman Pinschers. As I was approaching him I thought 'this guy is fricking huge!'. Anyway, I get up to him and looked over and said Morning and realized it was Earl Campbell. F***n Eh! No conversation or anything I just kept at my pace but it was pretty cool to see that guy up close. His thighs were as big as my waist. edit: That's all I got as far as famous or semi-famous people I've encountered on runs!
    Wow, that's cool! I used to love to see Earl play for the Longhorns when I was a kid. What street did you live on? My parents live in the Westwood subdivision - their back property line is the Westlake Hills city limit. I was driving my friend through the hilly part of WH last week to show her that Texas isn't all flat. My mom's nice car had to struggle to get up some of those hills. I got more hillwork done down there than I ever do in Maine! Since my dad is involved in Texas sports, my 12-year-old nephew has gotten to meet Vince Young, had his photograph taken with him, and has a couple of his autographs. The kid also knows Mack Brown and gets to talk with him often.
    kcam

My house was on Eanes Circle, in the Bee Cave Woods neighborhood. It's that section behind Barton Creek Mall. Earl's house was on Thousand Oaks drive, might still be. You got some good hill workouts running in that area! I used to run from my house down to Zilker and run the Town Lake trail all the way down to that dam in East Austin, forget the name now. That was a helluva run. I miss Austin!

The Greatest of All Time

You got some good hill workouts running in that area! I used to run from my house down to Zilker and run the Town Lake trail all the way down to that dam in East Austin, forget the name now. That was a helluva run. I miss Austin!
        No doubt. I miss Austin too. Used to run hills in the Arboretum area....nasty.
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        kcam

Since my dad is involved in Texas sports, my 12-year-old nephew has gotten to meet Vince Young, had his photograph taken with him, and has a couple of his autographs. The kid also knows Mack Brown and gets to talk with him often.
          That's way cool. Can I be your 46 year old nephew - I've got a few things I'd like to ask Mack Brown!!!