Yowee! 30 min, 2.62 mi, 11:28 pace! (Read 982 times)

Finished!

LOL - pardon my excitement - honestly, I never thought I would be able to do this - even as I've been training and thinking positive thoughts, there has been some fog of "is this real?" floating around. I did my first 30 min run today - covered 2.6 miles and since taking my running outside, I've taken my pace from over 14:00/mi down to 11 and a half! With continued training, I should definitely see a sub 40:00 finish for my first race (5k) - I'm now on track for a sub 35:00 finish, and perhaps with some luck and adrenaline, I may see sub 30:00 since I still have over a month to train!
    Walk + Jog = wog.
    I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
    I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, I think you can definitely get around 30 minutes for your 5k! Woot!!! Hard work pays off, girl! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Yowee is right! Way to go and way to stick with the program. I am positive you will continue to see improvement and you to can pass trees and rocks like they're standin' still! Keep it up! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Wingz

Professional Noob

'Attagirl!!! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

You should be excited--that is a great milestone. We'll be anxious to get a report on how the 5K went!
            My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
              I just conquered this milestone myself and had the same reaction. It's cool, innit? I just need to actually SIGNUP for a 5K.....grrr. Kimmer
              My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me

Finished!

Smile it really is cool, and it's so nice to find people who appreciate the milestone - If I were to go jumping around at work going "wahoo! I ran 30 min and 2.6 miles!" most of em would probably think I'm nuts :P
                Walk + Jog = wog.
                I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                  Smile it really is cool, and it's so nice to find people who appreciate the milestone - If I were to go jumping around at work going "wahoo! I ran 30 min and 2.6 miles!" most of em would probably think I'm nuts :P
                  Thats awesome, all too many people look at your time and think it is slow and miss the whole reason to celibrate. You knocked minutes off your time, thats worth going nuts over. Be nuts who cares. Big grin Simon
                    You can be sub-35 in no time, I bet!! Good for you!! Smile
                    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                    Andy P

Runs On Dunkin'

Rock on! When I can sit down at this site and enter in the course and see the improved time, I check it against "How good do I feel?" and consistently, I feel like I've given myself a daily gift to go running before I do anything else in the day. It sets the stage for a good day, and to take time off the pace is just a bonus! Keep up the progress!
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

RIB, that is EXACTLY it! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

scrumhalfgirl

Way to go! And don't underestimate the effect of adrenaline, and the race atmosphere. Before my first 5K race, I had never run faster than 31:00 in training. I think I just couldn't push myself alone. But in the race, I ran 27:02 - Almost 4 minutes faster! And now that I know I can run that fast - I find it's getting easier to push in training.

-Jess