Finally broke 6 miles (Read 948 times)

Finally broke 6 miles today. Did it in 44:20. I actually ran my last two miles faster than the other four after I got a second wind and just rode that home. I am so high on endorphins right now.
      Wow, that's really fast - averaging a 7:24 mile! Shocked Congrats!

Roads were made for journeys...

I actually ran my last two miles faster than the other four after I got a second wind and just rode that home.
        So I guess it means that if you kept your pace you could have gone a couple more miles, right? Big grin Congratulations! Ewa
        I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
          Probably. Smile But my calves were already straining pretty badly at the end. I'm going to the gym tomorrow, so I didn't want to completely kill them.

Princess Cancer Pants

Runner's high is awesome! WTG! Big grin k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

va

Finally broke 6 miles today. Did it in 44:20... I am so high on endorphins right now.
              I ran 6 miles for the first time this past Saturday, so I know how you feel. It took me 1 hr 12 min (you are really fast!), but I was feeling incredible afterwards. That evening, at dinner, I jokingly told my two teenage kids - "Kids, I got high today." (They had never heard of enorphins or a runners high.). Anyway, I hope this was not a one time thing, for I want that feeling again, and will try to get high again this Saturday. Big grin

Finished!

Yay! And at such a speed too Smile you sure are speedy!
                Walk + Jog = wog.
                I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry