Ipod hates the cold more than me (Read 591 times)

Driver, Runner, Bestie

Does anyone else have problems with their IPod freezing up in cold weather? I use the stopwatch feature, too, to monitor my time. So this morning it was an old fashion run. Just the noises of nature, the clicking of dog nails on the pavement, my feet on the pavement and my (surprising loud) breathing. Like the old days. Actually, it was a nice break.
      I've busted my iPod by now-strangely got the USB area completely loose so I can BARELY charge it(once every few weeks/months), but I had the same problem. My iPod would freeze in cold weather, so I would suggest that you could possibly run with your ipod underneath a layer of clothing... or something... I've never tried it, because I didn't run with my iPod that often, but it might work. I've never been able to prevent my iPod from freezing/tried. =/
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Any hard-drive based iPod is a potential fail in the cold. You might want to consider an iPod Shuffle -- they start at $49 for 1GB ($69 for 2GB), and because they are flash-memory-based, there are no moving parts. Cold shouldn't be an issue. Also very small and light. The Nano is great if you're looking for a full-featured flash-based device. But persoanlly, I think this is the best running playlist:
        Just the noises of nature, the clicking of dog nails on the pavement, my feet on the pavement and my (surprising loud) breathing.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.